Looks cat hammed

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
But he isn;t, just looks like it from the angle
dill-1.jpg

Many animals will appear to have cat hams in a less than full profile view. Dairy cattle really have cat hams.

For those who haven't heard of the phrase, from Merriam Webster:

1yk0wo.jpg

Nice bull. It's difficult to get the right angle with livestock when taking photos. Plus much depends on how the feet are placed. For a three quarter's view, it is best if the animal is not standing square which is not that easy to do with a critter out in the pasture. Thanks for sharing your photo.

Edited -- durn I hate my phone.

Workinonit Farm":3mmi4x7c said:
Unfortunately, like so many other pics posted, all I that shows for me is his front half. :(

FWIW the front half looks good. :)

Katherine

Katherine, if you are using a mobile device, such as a iPad, all you need to do to see the full image is touch the picture and hit "save image". The go to your "photos" and you'll see the full image there, I just delete as I want. I hope that helps.

Alan

chippie":3eeborkz said:
Plus much depends on how the feet are placed. For a three quarter's view, it is best if the animal is not standing square which is easier not that easy to do with a critter out in the pasture. Thanks for sharing your photo.
He was too interested in what I was doing to pose very well. Our old bull all you could get was a full square on head shot. He really took exception to anyone standing behind him.

wacocowboy":1dudvuvc said:
I have found that bulls are not the easiest subjects to photograph they refuse to give you a good shot

and sometimes it looks like the photo is going to turn out great. Then you look at it on your camera or phone and realize that the pic is a dud.

Camera lens do not always see what the human eye sees.

chippie":11aa4yfv said:
sometimes it looks like the photo is going to turn out great. Then you look at it on your camera or phone and realize that the pic is a dud.

Camera lens do not always see what the human eye sees.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I hate when that happens.

Alan------I do not have a Mobile Device other than a cell phone, flip-type :lol2: .
I am using a regular old PC. But thanks anyhow.

Katherine

lavacarancher":15z00dw4 said:
Good looking bull, Dun. Would want to sell him would you? He looks just like the two I just sold.
I'm fairly sure he's already sold come preg check time. What I'm having a hard time coming up with is what to sell him for.

TennesseeTuxedo":2dkp63tw said:
dun":2dkp63tw said:
lavacarancher":2dkp63tw said:
Good looking bull, Dun. Would want to sell him would you? He looks just like the two I just sold.
I'm fairly sure he's already sold come preg check time. What I'm having a hard time coming up with is what to sell him for.

Cash
Depends, one guy I woudl only take cash, another possible I would take a check. The one guy is kind of a flake, the other one is an old friend and she is so honest it sometimes hurts her, just as it does me at times.

Weigh him and figure out what y'all think is fair. Here in GA. some kill bulls sold for $1.30+ a pound last week.

Latest posts