Looking for Dun

Help Support CattleToday:

in another post dd said they had talked to dun on fri and that he was fine but no power etc etc , would get back as soon as possible

i believe that post was where is dun!!

memanpa":23q6d9pt said:
in another post dd said they had talked to dun on fri and that he was fine but no power etc etc , would get back as soon as possible

i believe that post was where is dun!!
Yes, I found the post. Sorry to repeat the subject, just knew I hadn't seen him around. Don't tell him I was worried about the ole fart! :p

Yea I miss reading his posts. We didnt get the blunt of the ice and snow like they did further south. Hope everthing is well. JHH

Last I heard yesterday there are still nearly 13,000 out of power in SW Missouri. Most of them in rural areas I think. One person I know of was told he would not have power back until the end of this week.

according to some folks here the ice storm is not a disaster....the mid west has experienced these types of storms a couple times this year.. and it directly affected the health and livelyhood of my parents and the elderly in the area.

I hope dun and family, and everyone else, are well and dealing with this "inconvience" (as some have stated!) safely.

GB, Donna

Thanks! You ain;t getting rid of me that easy!
We got hit fairly hard. this one is being classified as the worst in recorded histroy. 2 inches of ice coating everything has a tendency to cause problems. We're back with elctricity, etc. Others around here still aren;t as fortunate. Other then discomfort, issolation, inconvenience, ice damage to the trees, we muddled through pretty well. There are other areas around here that got the full brunt of the ice storm and they, I'm sure are a lot worse off then we were/are.
I posted some pics on the everything else board.
Here are some rambling thoughts that went through my moind during the recent difficulty:
Thankful for:

Wife, friends, neighbors and strangers
Honda generators
Stihl Chainsaws
Cell phones
Battery powered radios
A community that looks out for one another
Also tough healthy cows

Don't take for granted:

Electricity
Adequate water
Hot water
In some cases adequate fuel

Special thanks:

Electric Co-op folks that lend a hand when a large scale problem hits an area.
All of the folks that put in many long hours and kept a smile on their face or a smile in their voice even when they're problems
are no less significant then yours or any one elses.

Dun, welcome back! pics are awesome. Makes us realize how good we have it. I'll try not to complain about the mud!@! :shock:
Did you use the generator to heat your house? We don't have one, scary thought.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2qnsovli said:
Dun, welcome back! pics are awesome. Makes us realize how good we have it. I'll try not to complain about the mud!@! :shock:
Did you use the generator to heat your house? We don't have one, scary thought.

Propane for heat, electric for lights. Honda 6500 had enough poop to run the lights, water and even the forced air. When I bought the generatot my wife got really POed about spending the money on something we'ld never use. She admitted last week when she got home (San Diego, CA for 2 weeks) that she was glad I'ld wasted the money on it.