Look out Southerners- Here she comes

Help Support CattleToday:

Woke up to "Thunder Sleet" here this morning. Thought it was rain but awesome sleet with loads of thunder and lightening. Not that cold..right at freezing but all the trees and the pastures are solid ice and sleet.

75 yesterday and 44 and falling now on the Mason Dixon Line.

Saturday and Sunday calling for snow sneet sleet snain,, whatever the call it???
Anything is better than all the mud right now! may be good for the ryegrass though

Bill

-29 here this morning at 0630... Neighbor upriver says its -38 at his place.. National weather thermometer downriver says -30... Weather folks say with the chill factor its between -40 and -50.... Anyway you look at it, too darn cold...
Neighbor called last night and said he found 28 more head of his cows on his summer pasture that he was able to get corralled before it got dark and needs help hauling out today...
Could be an interesting day...

We have about 1/2" of ice this morning and it is still sleeting. Town looks like a bomb went off with all the damaged trees. I'm lucky because the pecan in the front yard has only lost one limb so far. Power was out for a couple hours, but town has been without since 7 this morning.

Yesterday turned into a long cold day helping the neighbor haul out the strays he had corraled to get off summer pasture.... We ended up with a flat tire on the 24 foot trailer loaded down with cows after going thru a creek crossing.... The ice on the edge of the creek bent the rim... Then while we were putting on the spare - the wheels on the 20 foot trailer froze up from getting wet in the creek- and I needed to jerk it a time or two to bust them lose... The fun of gathering strays at -20...

This morning I have -36 temps... Several of the neighbors are colder with temps around -40 to -48...
Just flat out cold.... If this cold doesn't break soon, I'm going to have to start feeding....

slick4591":1q8sgpgm said:
We have about 1/2" of ice this morning and it is still sleeting. Town looks like a bomb went off with all the damaged trees. I'm lucky because the pecan in the front yard has only lost one limb so far. Power was out for a couple hours, but town has been without since 7 this morning.

The front is just now reaching us but temps are still good. Slick, we got some white stuff too. :mrgreen:

Since I don't want you to feel left out, Jo, there's probably more to come. Woke up to 18 this morning and an even larger limb on the ground. Sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not. I have it good compared to Oldtimer.

It's a little cool here. About -15C and a bit windy, going to start feeding the girls soon too
It sounds like we're tropical compared to a lot of you. We''ve been dry too, but we're supposed to warm up and get wet on Tuesday.

Latest posts