Look out Southerners- Here she comes

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score

The -40 up in northeast Montana is where we are.... I hear FOX news said Glasgow was the coldest spot in the nation... Altho down here in the river bottom the temp is -24 with an apparent/wind chill temp of -45...
And they say this will be diving further south with even colder temps....Still predicting temps of 30-40 below for about Friday night- which could give us 50-60 below wind chill/apparent temps..
Nasty nasty stuff... Tough on the old cows .... They were a little slow coming out of their holes- but are out grazing now...
Had one tank heater that decided today was a good day to quit working!

I think that whole mass is gonna slide a little south then East across the mid south, then head NE for New England. I'm sure when it gets to the NorthEast, they'll suddenly give it the title of "Superstorm Cleon" instead of just Winter Storm Cleon.
We all remember the weeks and weeks of reporting on that Cat 2 hurricane they dubbed Superstorm Sandy.

Hurricane+Sandy.+I+will+never+forget_fc4c81_4199690.jpg

My temps have been toggling 30/31 for the last few hours with rain falling at times. Fences and door handles have ice on them but our ground temp is in the upper 30's. Having to keep a close eye on things because the wife's employer has a history of waiting to late to let people go home. Wouldn't worry so much if it were sleet/snow, but most Texans and freezing rain don't get along very well.

Had to break down and turn the air back on. Better than the heat, that was a week or more ago. I feel for everyone that is going through the nasty storm. I remember ice storms. I have some pretty pictures of the sun on the iced trees, and I guess we stayed warm because 9 months later....

Just above freezing here with hard gusty wind. Suppose to get pretty cold and freezing rain tonight. Hope everyone gets home safely and stay home as well. No need to be out in this weather. OT you're excused to go to the watering hole and fill up with antifreeze.

23 here this morning. That wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't surrounded by all these citrus trees... They're not fond of cooler weather.

Oldtimer, I know of what you speak. I been up there when these things come down. I have left Helena in the chopper and put down in Sidney and it would be 20 degrees colder. When I was in Helena the record for Montana was something like -83 degrees F on Rodgers Pass and that is ambient not wind chill. I hope you are faring well.

I am not looking forward to the ice storm coming down at us.

You guy's up north take care. It looks like this one's staying to the north of us. The weather liars are calling for a low of 32 here Monday.

Youngest daughter in Roundup, Mt said it was -24 with a wind chill 10 degrees below that. Makes my low of 16 above sound down right balmy.

Deepsouth":28ecwfzo said:
Jogeephus":28ecwfzo said:
84 here today. Wouldn't mind seeing it cool off a little.

Yeah, the AC in the house run all night last night.
Supposed to cool down to a low of 60 by Monday morning. Might can turn the ceiling fan down a notch if that happens.

ga.prime":2tp588fo said:
Deepsouth":2tp588fo said:
Jogeephus":2tp588fo said:
84 here today. Wouldn't mind seeing it cool off a little.

Yeah, the AC in the house run all night last night.
Supposed to cool down to a low of 60 by Monday morning. Might can turn the ceiling fan down a notch if that happens.
Ac running here too. If only there was some rain the grass might grow a bit

It was close to 80 here yesterday. It's a long way from 80 now, and the forecasts say we won't see 50 for the next week. I know you folks up north are used to it but my blood is too thin for that.

Latest posts