Longhorns to be seen at local Fair in Giles County, TN

Help Support CattleToday:

WagaAgeyv

Reaction score
Keep an eye out on this one. Giles County, TN will have Longhorns in the fair for the first time on Thursday, August 17th. I hope we are well recieved. If you live close and can come please do. Show begins with Pee Wee Showmanship at 6:00 p.m.

I wish California had more Longhorn shows! We would love to have the grandsons show some of ours.
They show them at our county fair but are judged with all other breeds. You can imagine how that goes over :roll:
Good Luck to you!!

rancherswife,
Do you belong to an affiliate? We have the Tennessee Valley Assoc. of Longhorn Breeders here in our area. We put on a spring show each year plus this year added a qualifying show at another county fair (Williamson Co.). The Giles Co. fair is a new thing for us and this year it's not a qualifying show but we're talking to them about making it one next year. Waga has been really involved in getting this started. We have a good group of Longhorn breeders here in our area and it seems to work out well for the affiliate. We all support as many surrounding area shows as we can.

Kelly did well. I or Rustler 9 will get all the details out as soon as possible. Kelly took 2 calves, his bull War Paint and his heiffer, Little Red.
Rustler 9 look 2 Heiffers, BGF Claudette and BT Rita's Legacy.
Circle P Farms took 6, 1 Cow/Calf -Belle Star/and calf, 3 bulls-General Lee & WD Derey's King (can't remember other will post later), 2 heiffers-Miss Cookies and (can't remember other will post later). Unless Ruster beats me to it.

Everyone took home money and ribbons. All was enjoyed and the Longhorns were thanked numerous times for their first time ever participation in our County Fair and they look forward to seeing us next year.

Sounds like a good show. I know its tough the first time you have a show somewhere...fair or affiliate... tough to judge how it'll go. Glad it all went well.

Ryan

WagaAgeyv":2ruyrji6 said:
Kelly did well. I or Rustler 9 will get all the details out as soon as possible. Kelly took 2 calves, his bull War Paint and his heiffer, Little Red.
Rustler 9 look 2 Heiffers, BGF Claudette and BT Rita's Legacy.
Circle P Farms took 6, 1 Cow/Calf -Belle Star/and calf, 3 bulls-General Lee & WD Derey's King (can't remember other will post later), 2 heiffers-Miss Cookies and (can't remember other will post later). Unless Ruster beats me to it.

Everyone took home money and ribbons. All was enjoyed and the Longhorns were thanked numerous times for their first time ever participation in our County Fair and they look forward to seeing us next year.
Congrats. Glad y'alls first year with Longhorns at your County show went well. I'm lookin forward to pictures!

Jay

Rustler,
There is only one affiliate in CA. that I can find and they are about 650 miles away from us. We haven't joined just because it is so far. We will be joining them, just hate the fact that we can't be as involved as we would like do to the distance. There are only 3 shows a year here now. The one at the LA county Fair was dropped due to lack of participation.
I called the tlbaa office and did get some good ideas. Looks like we will be showing mostly out of CA.
Hubby bought some cows and calves from the Select sale in Colorado and we are hopeing the grandson can show some of the calves. We haven't seen them yet and will be picking them up over Labor day.
Thanks for the info!

Latest posts