Lone Star Tick Disease

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Get the disease from one of these and it will be fish or chicken for the rest of your life. One bite of red meat and probably need to go to the hospital.
Once alpha-gal allergy is diagnosed, all mammalian meats and by-products should be avoided. Again, this includes, beef, pork, lamb, venison, mutton, goat, and bison, plus any food that contains red meat extracts.

2a11c1a3-4457-428f-8080-7d9bd4b8f89b.png

Good advice. They are in my part of Virginia. I know two people who have had this happen. One has been able begin eating small amounts of red meat after a year under Dr's care. The other still has to not eat any red meat.

Not necessarily. I had STARI disease years ago, was successfully treated with doxycycline and never developed a meat allergy. Southern Tick Rash Associated Illness has similar symptoms to Lyme, including the bullseye rash, and can be unbelievably painful. I was flat out for 6 weeks. Whether someone develops alpha- gal is a flip of the coin. I now spray Deet 40 religiously every time I go out.

Just got done a "treatment" for it about 2 weeks ago. Had it for about 3 years. Still doing just bite size pieces of meat but so far so good. Hope it works. I HATE CHICKEN!!!

Everybody worries about bears and snakes out in the woods but a mosquito or a tick will get you long before either of the others do.

Just got done a "treatment" for it about 2 weeks ago. Had it for about 3 years. Still doing just bite size pieces of meat but so far so good. Hope it works. I HATE CHICKEN!!!

Everybody worries about bears and snakes out in the woods but a mosquito or a tick will get you long before either of the others do.
I totally agree with you about the bugs. I work where bears are thick and so are snakes. Never have a problem with either.
But got 3 ticks off me 2 nights ago and scared the heck out of me.

Latest posts