Locked out of the forum?

Help Support CattleToday:

With this being a family board, when a topic gets a bit too heated and/or political, moderator will lock it to maintain the essence of the board. You normally can see it coming if you stay with us long enough. Its a good thing. No sense in losing tempers or kicking a dead dog.

Regarding myself I haven't been around a long time-
and reg: this person, I have read their post often;
found their post reasonable and generally on the up side and encouraging.
I don't read every post of every category--so perhaps I am in the blind here. On the surface--it seems puzzling??
If there is something I'm missing then send it to me PM.
Enlighten me-Please.

When the topic is locked does it also disallow the participants to not participate in the forum on other topics?

No, but you can be barred from the board. Don't know of anyone ever having this done to them but read where it had been done once or twice.

Generally when someone is banned, all of their posts are removed at the same time. The only reason I've seen that someone can;t posts is they are not logged in.

Smokestack has been tiptoeing around Chrissy's recent problem. She is locked out for some reason. Macon was good enough to shed some light on it and it has something to do with her IP address and the connection with England. He said he is working on it and will get it fixed.

This leads to another question. If you were in Macon's shoes, who in the world would you call to get something like this straightened out. I can only imagine how many hours I'd be on hold if I began trying to figure this one out. I mean, who runs the internet? Would you call Al Gore or something?

Jogeephus":2qwll8uc said:
Smokestack has been tiptoeing around Chrissy's recent problem. She is locked out for some reason. Macon was good enough to shed some light on it and it has something to do with her IP address and the connection with England. He said he is working on it and will get it fixed.

This leads to another question. If you were in Macon's shoes, who in the world would you call to get something like this straightened out. I can only imagine how many hours I'd be on hold if I began trying to figure this one out. I mean, who runs the internet? Would you call Al Gore or something?

It's one of those kinds of deals that has to be worked from both ends. But since it's most likely an ISP problem at the brit end the solution will have to be worked out by chrisy.

Jogeephus":2gkzre5n said:
Smokestack has been tiptoeing around Chrissy's recent problem.
.......... Would you call Al Gore or something?

jofuss:
If my efforts to discretely fine someone to resolve an issue that could have been a sensitive point, because I personally don't yet
know the obvious politics of this forum, is considered tiptoeing
then call me a ballet dancer.
sometimes people kill flies with hammers--others try something less severe!
if your reference to Al Gore was a comparison to me ....
I will take offense.
so let's just let it be...........

SmokeStackFarms":90s7o328 said:
Jogeephus":90s7o328 said:
Smokestack has been tiptoeing around Chrissy's recent problem.
.......... Would you call Al Gore or something?

jofuss:
If my efforts to discretely fine someone to resolve an issue that could have been a sensitive point, because I personally don't yet
know the obvious politics of this forum, is considered tiptoeing
then call me a ballet dancer.
sometimes people kill flies with hammers--others try something less severe!
if your reference to Al Gore was a comparison to me ....
I will take offense.
so let's just let it be...........

The "board" and a lot of the long time posters are decidedly very left, politically speaking. So it should not come as a surprise to you to see any "right of center" political rhetoric being locked.

Jo is right. Only the topic will be locked, not the person. I think Jo's reference to Al Gore was Al's reference to himself as the "inventor" of the internet and not some slur to you.

Now Now Children, Play nice!
Why is anyone worried about being locked out of a forum if the are not misbehaving, or causing problems?

There have been a few that have been banned from the board but hey always come back as someone else I/E TTCLM, cattlemanfromouterspace, and a couple of other names before now back as another.
There have been others as well.

hopalong":1rx7yob1 said:
Now Now Children, Play nice!
Why is anyone worried about being locked out of a forum if the are not misbehaving, or causing problems?

There have been a few that have been banned from the board but hey always come back as someone else I/E TTCLM, cattlemanfromouterspace, and a couple of other names before now back as another.
There have been others as well.

What in the world did you find offensive with my comment????? I simply stated the facts. How did you jump to the statement "play nice".

Earl Thigpen":ug4wl8td said:
What in the world did you find offensive with my comment????? I simply stated the facts. How did you jump to the statement "play nice".

I think the left wing comment may have gotten some dander up. Most of the times it's been the liberaals whining about how right wing things are on here.

Hey Guys
I could give a "rats ass" about RIGHT/LEFT.
This politic crap is what causes people to be ballet dancers!!

The problem is in resolution by Macon & Chrissy.
So it's time to bow out and move on.

Yep it is Pork.
NON-Kosher meat.
Yankee-Hinney
It's the meat that beef folks compete with.
"White beef"

It is what some would consider "Potted meat"--which gives some people potty mouth.

Latest posts