Locked out of the forum?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hi I'm back it is my desktop computer that is at fault it has for some reason known only to it's self locked me out of the boards. I am now on the laptop. The problem started with My Husband being very kind and buying our Son and me a laptop each and wireless connection to the internet. I fixed the wireless up OK, but for some reason it has locked up the desktop, as I said. so laptop from now on. I thought I might have said something but couldn't think what it might be. But Macon assured me it was nothing of the sort and wished me well in coming back on....Thanks for asking....Chrisy

BertS":2w92g01n said:
better than throwing the computer out the window?

welcome back gal......

still thinking of it for the desktop good for nothing machine, all this new high-faluting high tech stuff is beyond me. :mad:
thanks for your help...and for the welcome ;-)

chrisy,

Your desktop is just locked up, or works fine and is just unable to access the internet?

Depending on your router, it may be passing requests from each of you computers showing the same IP address but different MAC addresses ( the unique identifier of the network card ). Some routers support a feature called MAC spoofing where they publish a single MAC address for ALL of the computers behind it. Without knowing your setup, I can't be of real help.

J-A-G the computer is going on the net, but not onto the boards...

perda...you may have a point it could be they are conflicting each other. My Nephew will bo coming over next week he is a computer wizzard I'll get him to sort it out for me, thanks for the tip....'til then I'll just keep using my new toy...Chris

Earl Thigpen":26ddq0f7 said:
hopalong":26ddq0f7 said:
Now Now Children, Play nice!
Why is anyone worried about being locked out of a forum if the are not misbehaving, or causing problems?

There have been a few that have been banned from the board but hey always come back as someone else I/E TTCLM, cattlemanfromouterspace, and a couple of other names before now back as another.
There have been others as well.

What in the world did you find offensive with my comment????? I simply stated the facts. How did you jump to the statement "play nice".

Who ever mentioned your name??
I do not think I did. are you having a guilty feeling moment!
If I rubbed you wrong then I am sorry! but not for my statement PLAY NICE!!!!!!!

Earl Thigpen":1qiumwt0 said:
The "board" and a lot of the long time posters are decidedly very left, politically speaking. So it should not come as a surprise to you to see any "right of center" political rhetoric being locked.

huh :?: I'm about the most left on here and in real life I'm pretty dang moderate - who else is liberal on this board? The locks I have seen were usually just POLITICS, which are not allowed - not because they were right of center. Sheesh I'd say most on here are right of center - some of y'all are WAY to the right. ;-)

Latest posts