Local boy sings Country Music.....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Wallen

Morgan Wallen

His dad drove a milk truck in Hancock County and he grew up in Sneedville, Tennessee (my wife's town) about as far back as you can get. I really like his new song More than My Hometown second on the list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjBp30kjzTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9myt3qKHkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKM-6k2cHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBduQb1S-4s

Without saying too much, he is my wife's cousin. His grandmother, Boots, just died last Oct. And Tennessee Tuxedo may know another of his cousins, Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio. Hancock County should be proud.

I did not know that Wayne drove a milk truck, I would have thought that would have been Arvis.

sstterry said:
Without saying too much, he is my wife's cousin. His grandmother, Boots, just died last Oct. And Tennessee Tuxedo may know another of his cousins, Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio. Hancock County should be proud.

I did not know that Wayne drove a milk truck, I would have thought that would have been Arvis.
You maybe right, at a family get together that was said about his dad driving a milk truck. The guy can sing and has talent.

jltrent said:
sstterry said:

You maybe right, at a family get together that was said about his dad driving a milk truck.
I really don't know, but if it was a truck that picked up milk then it was probably Arvis. Wayne (a preacher) moved the family to Knoxville and Morgan was thought to be a lock for a football scholarship until an injury ended that part of his life.

I wish him all the best. I'm sure it's an exciting time for him and his entire family. I'm little too old fogey, however, for it to be my cup of tea. I keep waiting for the next Merle Haggard, but I'll probably have a long wait.

herofan said:
I wish him all the best. I'm sure it's an exciting time for him and his entire family. I'm little too old fogey, however, for it to be my cup of tea. I keep waiting for the next Merle Haggard, but I'll probably have a long wait.

He has already been quite sucessful for a few years. He had the number one year end single last year. But I will say this, they are a good family and while I don't know him well, I loved his grandparents, especially his grandmother who was a pistol.

Good stuff. I've liked all of his songs he's put out so far. He's got a distinct voice. He and Luke Combs are two of my favorite newer artists. Always good to see a local guy do well.

I checked out of society long ago. Never heard of him. First thought was he was an up and comer. Looks like he is making it. Good for him.
One of the best friends I've ever had, walked away from everything and moved close to Nashville ( the irony in that is we live an hour from Nashville, and he moved 50 minutes from Nashville). He's 50 years old. Wife 3 kids. No real plan that I know of. Just up and decided he would try to make it in the music industry. Can't decide if it's the bravest or dumbest things I've ever seen. Time will tell.

Bigfoot said:
I checked out of society long ago. Never heard of him. First thought was he was an up and comer. Looks like he is making it. Good for him.
One of the best friends I've ever had, walked away from everything and moved close to Nashville ( the irony in that is we live an hour from Nashville, and he moved 50 minutes from Nashville). He's 50 years old. Wife 3 kids. No real plan that I know of. Just up and decided he would try to make it in the music industry. Can't decide if it's the bravest or dumbest things I've ever seen. Time will tell.

Those are not good odds. You can go to any bar on Broadway and hear tons of people with talent. There is always a lot of luck involved along with what the producers are looking for at the time.

sstterry said:
herofan said:

He has already been quite sucessful for a few years. He had the number one year end single last year. But I will say this, they are a good family and while I don't know him well, I loved his grandparents, especially his grandmother who was a pistol.

That shows how out of touch I am. I'm actually a huge music fan, but I often say that if it happen after 1990, I probably never heard of it.
I assumed he was new. I still consider Alan Jackson a newer singer.

Everybody makes mistakes.....his fans will forgive him and there are lots of promoters that would like to fill an arena with him....if it ever opens it.

I would like to be a fly on the wall to hear his next conversation with his Dad! His grandmother passed last year and I can assure you that she would have "jerked a knot in his tail."

This is a classic case of a young man getting too big too quick!

Daughter and I had a pretty heated discussion about this last night. Not defending his actions or the use of the word but there is a huge double standard when it comes to it. If it is offensive when he says it, then it ought to be offensive when these rappers say it. That stuff gets my goat. Mostly the world just needs to toughen up and realize sometimes people say stuff you don't like. It's a shame pretty good singer.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Make a tearful public apology.
Announce you're entering rehab for your substance abuse problem.
Throw a ton of cash at a "worthy cause", preferably one that gives money to the aggrieved segment of society.
Drop out of sight for 4-6 months.
Come back stronger and more popular than ever.

Works for liberals, should work for this guy.

His latest album has been No. #1 for 7 straight weeks. And he is being played on the local station in Charlottesville Va ( of all liberal type places with UVa college there).... 99.7 CYK.... Surprised to hear him today on the radio....

Latest posts