Livestock Trailer rentals

Help Support CattleToday:

Dsteim

Reaction score
I have a 14 x 6 stock trailer and I would like to go pick up four bred heifers out of state in November of this year. I don't want to cram the heifers for the better part of a day in my stock trailer. Are there any places that y'all know about that rent trailers for a daily rate?

4 HEIFERS in a 16 x6 is not crammed unless they weigh 2000 # a piece. personally I would want them touching during the ride. There will be less chance of me throwing them down. Don't over think it.

I always borrow one if need a bigger one. I like to have the cows in there fairly tight The cows ride better when there is less space to move around.

There are lots of places that rent stock trailers in farming areas. The catch is that the ones I;ve seen I woulnd;t trust to not break down. If it's been rented out, way too many people figure they don;t need to take care of it.

4 heifers should be fine in a 6x14. Check your lights and tires and go. I would gate the heifers 2 and 2. Drive loaded early morning, late evening, or even in the night if daytime temps are hot :idea:

Just curious:
What is special about the heifers that you would drive that far to purchase. When you drive out of State from Austin it ain't nothin close.

Latest posts