Small cattle trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

NonTypicalCPA

Reaction score
I'm selling my cows and plan on just buying 2 or 3 just weaned steers each year to feed out. I will have them butchered here at the house, but will need a trailer to pick them up with. I've already got a 7x12 utility trailer and a 18' car hauler, but I don't think I could make either of those work. Small livestock trailers used are hard to come by. Any other ideas that would work?

I'd love to find something that would do double duty as a calf hauler and a utility trailer. Then I'd sell my current utility trailer.

I'm selling my cows and plan on just buying 2 or 3 just weaned steers each year to feed out. I will have them butchered here at the house, but will need a trailer to pick them up with. I've already got a 7x12 utility trailer and a 18' car hauler, but I don't think I could make either of those work. Small livestock trailers used are hard to come by. Any other ideas that would work?
Your cattle endeavor did not last long

If you do a spreadsheet with all the debits and credits with 2-3 calves, hire them hauled.

Your cattle endeavor did not last long
I'm still in it, just without the cows and bull. I'm able to buy the F1 crosses that I want locally so feeding and maintaining the cows/bull just doesn't make monetary sense any longer. I'm trying to establish a system that allows me to keep going even when I retire, without the significant cash inflows. I've enjoyed the tax losses, but need to stem the actual losses eventually.

I'm still in it, just without the cows and bull. I'm able to buy the F1 crosses that I want locally so feeding and maintaining the cows/bull just doesn't make monetary sense any longer. I'm trying to establish a system that allows me to keep going even when I retire, without the significant cash inflows. I've enjoyed the tax losses, but need to stem the actual losses eventually.
So you are just feeding out some steers now?