Livestock Trailer - Comparison of Brands???

Help Support CattleToday:

UncleLA

Reaction score
I'm looking at different brands of aluminum livestock trailers. Is anyone aware of any websites that might have side by side comparisons of the various brands?
Thanks.

Just do a search (google yahoo etc) on the individule brands. I used a 24' Barrett and the trailer seemed very good just didn't like the rear latch. For a $17000 trailer youd think it would have a slam latch on it. Barrett, Wilson and Featherlite are the three used around here the most.

No but I'll give you my opinion for what it's worth. I own a Featherlite and my father has an Eby. Both have features that are better than the other. I think the Eby is built a little tighter in the long run but some parts of it are not as user-friendly. The biggest complaints I have with the FL is the noise and the rear slider being on the inside. Once the poop gets piled up against it it's a bear. FL also preaches about their full rear skidplate, but I've already ripped mine in two. If I were to buy another one tomorrow it would come down to cost on identical models.

cfpinz

Latest posts