livestock scales

Help Support CattleToday:

jal

Reaction score
went looked at a used scale today the dealer that sold it was paul scales not familiar with him, but the scale hade a manufactor name of mull has anyone heard of these and whats a fair price for one thanks

We have an old Paul Scale system (beam counter balance style). Have had it for like 20 yrs & still works just fine - think it cost like $2K when I bought back then (new). Went to an auction & saw the same scale go for a few more bucks more than a new one - that convinced me to just bite the bullet & get a new one. I have replaced the floor, but other than that just keeps on weighing.

jal said:
went looked at a used scale today the dealer that sold it was paul scales not familiar with him, but the scale hade a manufactor name of mull has anyone heard of these and whats a fair price for one thanks[/quote

Paul Scales are some of the best. Not sure about the price, but they will pay for themselves -- or at least they do in the registered business. When a potential buyer asks the weight of an animal, we don't have to guess.

Latest posts