Little Tidbit

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
It takes four hundred pounds of coca leaves to make a pound of cocaine. Wonder if picking coca leaves is like picking cotton. Or have the dope makers got it mechanized by now. I bet you never get rich picking coca leaves or gathering sap from poppies. Probable looking at slave type living for the pickers and gathers. Hope I have given each and every one a little knowledge, I did know this a week ago but got curious.

And coka-cola supports it, another reason to drink pepsi.
https://amp.businessinsider.com/what-happened-to-the-cocaine-in-coca-cola-2012-2

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Now that's a different tidbit!! that's kind of like Hemp. Gotta hand pick.
Do you think that tea leaves and coffee beans have to be hand picked. I do not know I have not checked on them. The reason on coca leaves and me searching was that when 19000 lbs of cocaine is found and seized made we wonder.

400 lbs of leaves doesn't sound like that much when you consider a lb of cocaine sells for roughly $15,000 on the street.

hurleyjd said:
It takes four hundred pounds of coca leaves to make a pound of cocaine. Wonder if picking coca leaves is like picking cotton. Or have the dope makers got it mechanized by now. I bet you never get rich picking coca leaves or gathering sap from poppies. Probable looking at slave type living for the pickers and gathers. Hope I have given each and every one a little knowledge, I did know this a week ago but got curious.

hurley according to "google" they make about a thousand dollars a year. For South America I don't know if that's good, average or slave wages.

Latest posts