Liquid feed

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
How much are you paying per ton of liquid feed. I am going to need to supplement the feed for my cattle. My pastures are burning up but about 18 inches to 24 inches tall. Mostly coastal with some Bahia grass mixed in to it. I culled hard in December and January due to health.

Not sure about this year but last year I found cotton seed cubes to be the better buy than the liquid feed if you were going to see the cows several times per week. The protein was cheaper per pound and you could control how much they were getting. I know that's not what you ask but I think it's worth thinking about.

otha , cotton seed cubes are good but I am going to be gone for two weeks. Going to our cabin in the mountain where it is cooler and raining

Great stuff if you have plenty of poor forage. If not they will loose even more BCS especially in this heat, that's a lot of protein.
You be better off supplementing with range meal IMO.

I am down to ten head. My neighbor is going to put out 3/4 of a bag of cubes twice daily. Luckily I bought 40 bags when they were $10.25 a bag. I paid . 15 1/2 cents per pound for liquid feed. I will probably cull a little more when I return.

I have quite a bit of liquid left over from last December when I filled my tubs and the cows throughout the spring have shown little interest in it. But over the last 2 weeks they have been hitting it really hard. So hard that I'm thinking about ordering a refill.

I am down to ten head. My neighbor is going to put out 3/4 of a bag of cubes twice daily. Luckily I bought 40 bags when they were $10.25 a bag. I paid . 15 1/2 cents per pound for liquid feed. I will probably cull a little more when I return.
That's about right. Last batch I bought was running 16 cents.

Chart your pounds per head per day. You can tell what the conditions are like. I've had as low as #1.5 and as high #4.5. Imo, when it starts getting up around #3 it's time to bring in feed.

Latest posts