Like a Ninja

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
Well I rode fence and checked pasture/grass and got back to the barn and I have a panel I'm using as a gate.
I didn't want to dismount so I had the brilliant idea of opening the gate/panel horseback.
I ride up and lift the panel try and swing it open and since it not hinged I ask the horse to side step to open it.
Some how we got our wires crossed and he understood go thru the gate that is barely wide enough for him, but not wide enough for him a saddle and me.
He starts thru and with ninja like reflexes I pull my foot from the stirrup and swing it back over his butt to avoid the gate, the stirrup hangs up a little and causes the panel to raddle, then pops loose slapping him in the side.
He panics and kind of jumps side ways and in the process I jump off like a ninja (really I fall off like a fat man)

I splat face first and the horse is standing there looking at me like what in the heck are you doing.

Well cross, we don't use horses here, so I don't have a comment on that, but I do have knowledge about a fat man falling off stuff. Not good. Anyway man I hope you're not hurt.

Larry

Glad all you bruised was your pride..........Another case for old and or fat men to stay off horses!

Boy, that is a bad feeling when things go wrong like that. Did it seem like it happened in slow motion and really fast at the same time?
My husband hung his foot in a gate when he was young and it messed up his ankle for life. Hanging up in a fence or gate worries me.
I'm happy that you have quick reflexes and weren't hurt.

No worries Funny thing is he wouldn't stand still so I could get back on, he thought he was in trouble
I had to calm him down

Last summer I was riding a friends horse, 20 something year old mare. We were doing a obstacle ride and that old gal made me look like a pro. We do this gate opening dealy totaly wrong (my bad) and everyone with me couldn't believe that horse just went and took it. She was somebody's something back in the day.

Latest posts