Light Weight Calf Value ?

Help Support CattleToday:

A modest run of cattle today. Must be a lot still on pasture. More consistent demand than last week, with prices increasing during the sale. Went home early with a couple $500 bulls to turn around.
Next week is rifle deer hunting here. Could get crazy after that.

And ...

There will be no buyers ... and so prices will fall?

...or...

There will be no sellers ... and prices will rise?

What does he mean by "could get crazy after that"?

I'd guess he means there will be more people buying calves once harvest and deer season get over with

js1234":260x9ggo said:
6,500 head at Riverton, WY barn tomorrow.

You ever get any out of Fort Pierre, SD? They are expecting 10,000 this week, had 9,100 last week. They get some pretty huge runs. My dad used to buy feeding cows for Cargill there and I remember them having over 2,500 kill cows a couple times.

Ojp6":1zqsfpwn said:
js1234":1zqsfpwn said:
6,500 head at Riverton, WY barn tomorrow.

You ever get any out of Fort Pierre, SD? They are expecting 10,000 this week, had 9,100 last week. They get some pretty huge runs. My dad used to buy feeding cows for Cargill there and I remember them having over 2,500 kill cows a couple times.
I'll be in that country in a few days but just to pheasant hunt this time.

Here is the land of the artic vortex -- most yearlings sell in August before the prices start dropping. Then the sucking calf sale season starts after Labor day, with a heavy run during October, a slow week in early November during the main deer hunting season, and then another heavy run before the holidays start.

The seasonal price low in a normal year (can't remember one recently) is in November. So bottom fishing Bub followers who are in the cattle arbitrage/not the beef/ business :cowboy: sell in October, buy in November, and re sell in early January...

Latest posts