Life is short

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
My phone went to blowing up my old fishing partner passed away today. We worked together for 30 years, didn't see this one coming. After I got the news earlier today I hooked up the boat and went fishing with Jim one last time in memory.
Jim was a tough dude decorated several times in Vietnam. He was a tunnel rat and had parachuted into north Vietnam on recon.

. Sorry for your loss CB.

Coincidentally, my own father passed away 12 years ago today. That day will come for all of us. I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend,
Its been a little over five weeks ago since my mother passed. Today we went to the funeral of the mother of my two remaining first cousins.
Life is short even if it is one that is considered a long life.

Nobody saw my father's death coming either, it's great for the person dying, but hell on everyone else, sorry for your loss my friend.

Caustic Burno said:
Thanks y'all they are taking him home to Ky for burial.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know what part of Ky he was from? Seems like a lot of times we Kentuckians often have connection to lots of places. In chance conversations a place will be mentioned and there is an instant connection, maybe someone had business, relatives or traveled through frequently. I find my self saying it's a small world a lot of times.

Ky hills said:
Caustic Burno said:

If you don't mind me asking, do you know what part of Ky he was from? Seems like a lot of times we Kentuckians often have connection to lots of places. In chance conversations a place will be mentioned and there is an instant connection, maybe someone had business, relatives or traveled through frequently. I find my self saying it's a small world a lot of times.

Pee Wee Valley

Caustic Burno said:
Ky hills said:
Caustic Burno said:

Pee Wee Valley

Thanks, that is close to. Louisville our state's largest city.

Caustic Burno said:
My phone went to blowing up my old fishing partner passed away today. We worked together for 30 years, didn't see this one coming. After I got the news earlier today I hooked up the boat and went fishing with Jim one last time in memory.
Jim was a tough dude decorated several times in Vietnam. He was a tunnel rat and had parachuted into north Vietnam on recon.

Just seeing this post now. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your old friend. Sometimes I think those losses are are just as hard as losing family, sometimes harder. Its even worse when it is sudden.

Latest posts