Life as it is

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Came home last night later than normal due to a ball game and the normal stuff of checking cows and feeding some retained heifers. I had a strange feeling about fire. Sure enough when I got to the home place my dad had started a fire in the burn pit he has used for years.

After 2 hours and hauling water in 5 gallon buckets in the back of my truck. Starting with 50 gallons and getting there after the mile ride with less. I finally got it out.

We woke up this morning to the smell and haze of the fire burning in South GA about 300 miles away.

I can't imagine what it's like down there.

its pretty gross. i took some pics today but i havent seen how they turned out yet. may post later.

The smoke is everywhere here. Ash and stuff if falling from God knows where. At times it will be clear then you can literally see a huge wall of smoke coming your way and shortly you are engulfed. My daughter's field trip was even canceled due to smoke.

The damage these fires has done is horrendous. DNR gave permission to kill deer and pigs. Their hooves are burned so bad from walking in the burning peat some can't even get out of the ditches on the sides of the road. I imagine we will soon be catching some grief from some groups who think we are being cruel. :roll:

Latest posts