Let's Play What If...

Help Support CattleToday:

Kind of sounds like a stunt for the press. The incident happened almost a year ago, the local DA closed the case and the police never interviewed Winston. Now for what ever reason the state is looking at it? National attention maybe..... We'll see.

Alan":2tp88plg said:
Kind of sounds like a stunt for the press. The incident happened almost a year ago, the local DA closed the case and the police never interviewed Winston. Now for what ever reason the state is looking at it? National attention maybe..... We'll see.
good choice for avatar Alan :D This is a witch hunt from everything I have seen. according to the police report he was at the scene and was questioned last year. The report states the he was polite and cooperated with authorities at that time. the description of the suspect does not match and the TPD told his lawyer in Feb the case was closed. Apparently it was reopened. the state atty (UF grad) is questioning why this hit his desk yesterday. In light of the allegations he was not named as the suspect only that he was questioned because he was on the scene when pd arrived. they also gathered evidence last year if there was evidence against him logic would say he would have already been arrested and charged. While anything is possible the perceived character of this young man does not support the allegations.

Ever heard the neighbors say this=== AFTER=======they found out someone was a serial axe murderer?
He was just the NICEST young man--why--he helped me carry the garbage out to the curb, just last week...

greybeard":1ux1x10u said:
Ever heard the neighbors say this=== AFTER=======they found out someone was a serial axe murderer?
He was just the NICEST young man--why--he helped me carry the garbage out to the curb, just last week...

1. has not been charged
2. has not been named in the police report
3. doesn't fit the description
4. innocent until proven guilty is still how our judicial system works

I could provide bullet points all day. what torques my wrench is how everyone has this kid being guilty just because he is Famous Now .

If you want some relevance to what can happen to a kid accused of something read Brian Banks story.

M5farm":34nsu1ko said:
greybeard":34nsu1ko said:

1. has not been charged

I could provide bullet points all day. what torques my wrench is how everyone has this kid being guilty just because he is Famous Now .

If you want some relevance to what can happen to a kid accused of something read Brian Banks story.

Oregon fans went through a similar case a few years ago with LaMicheal James. In a nut shell his "female friend" went to his apartment, another girl (personal friend) was alone in the apartment. The female friend flipped, the other girl called James. James came home, the female friend grabbed his car keys and took off running down the sidewalk, he chased, feet got caught up and they both ended up in the bushes. Nothing more than two kids got tripped up and ended up in the hedges, she called the cops. A couple nights in jail and a restraining order for him and a hard lesson learned ...... These are 18 and 19 yr old kids with national attention. The media is racing to hope they have the big news at all cost.

BTW, college football kicks off another week tonight ..... time to get serious with my avatar again! :mrgreen:

Are Oregon and Stanford going to finish their game this week? I watched Stanford have an extensive pre-game warm up and then Oregon came out and they played a half. Just wondering? :hide:

Commercialfarmer":6e4ncf9r said:
Are Oregon and Stanford going to finish their game this week? I watched Stanford have an extensive pre-game warm up and then Oregon came out and they played a half. Just wondering? :hide:

I told someone in a PM, Oregon came out for the Stanford game, threw their jocks on the field and said we win..... Then got their azz kicked and lost the chance at a national championship.

Ah... this week go USC!

(Stanford vs USC in the coliseum). We may have a shot left at the Rose Bowl!!! :roll:

I thought of that last Thursday but thought the wounds might be a little to fresh so I waited till the scarred over a little.

Happens to most teams. At least it was Stanford and not Iowa State :cry2: , or even a 2013 West Virginia because your running quarterback audibles to a pass on the goal line. :???:

You guys are playing well now! I think you can beat Texas and will kick the heck out of us in Stillwater.

M5farm":eu0tuvih said:
greybeard":eu0tuvih said:

1. has not been charged

1. Has not been charged because the police failed to send their report to the DA---until this week.
2. According to the DA, he has indeed been named in the police report.
3. I wouldn't know about that.
4. Yep innocent until proven guilty--OJ is proof of that.

Oregon fans went through a similar case a few years ago with LaMicheal James. In a nut shell his "female friend" went to his apartment, another girl (personal friend) was alone in the apartment. The female friend flipped, the other girl called James. James came home, the female friend grabbed his car keys and took off running down the sidewalk, he chased, feet got caught up and they both ended up in the bushes. Nothing more than two kids got tripped up and ended up in the hedges, she called the cops. A couple nights in jail and a restraining order for him and a hard lesson learned ...... These are 18 and 19 yr old kids with national attention. The media is racing to hope they have the big news at all cost.

BTW, college football kicks off another week tonight ..... time to get serious with my avatar again! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Auburn fans had something similar too. Nobody cared we bought cam newton until we won the championship

Craig Miller":25f2q7pv said:
BTW, college football kicks off another week tonight ..... time to get serious with my avatar again! :mrgreen:

Auburn fans had something similar too. Nobody cared we bought cam newton until we won the championship[/quote]

Told somebody the other day I thought you guys were still buying and selling over there. ;-)

No, it's a nice way of saying the State Attorney is a FSU alumni.
Not vindicated, not exonerated--just swept under the rug like so many other rape cases where the rapist (alleged) has support in very high places.