Let's hear some mascot names...

Help Support CattleToday:

You people know nothing of embarrasment. My high school was the "Camels". That's right, the Campbell County Camels. Nothing puts more fear into a visiting opponent than a spitting animal with a hump.

csutton":k0ciusge said:
Yup, Groesbeck is home of the fighting goats! All the other teams we played had normal names, I guess, except for the Cameron Yoemen. What the heck is a Yoe? :? :???:

Robinson men are the Rockets,
Robinson women are the Rockettes.

Yeah! The Cameron Yoemen. You tell me. I have wondered what that was since I started driving through there.

Cuero Gobblers!

cfpinz":2psjmmk8 said:
There's a private school in a nearby town that calls themselves the "Fighting Cocks". No joke.

cfpinz

I had a client who had a friend in North Carolina and he had all those Game Cock shirts. You know they ones... You can't lick our cocks. I just left him alone about it.

Yes, and Camels is almost as bad as Trojans. My son was on a soccer team called the Trojans. All the adults managed to keep our jokes to ourselves.

Thr Bridgeport Bulls was a pretty funny one for cheers. As well as the Springtown Porcupines.

How about the Hokies of Virginia Tech.

they all claim now not to know what a hokie is or that it was a made up word from a cheer.

but when I was in the Cadet Corps the definition of a Hokie was a part of our freshman information that we were all required to know.

Thought the admisnistration at Tech may put out a hit on me

Hokie - castrated male turkey

A couple of Minnesota High Schools:

Moorhead Spuds
Blooming Prairie Blossoms

Have heard of the Itasca Wampuscats and the Grandview Zebras (guess the refs were always on their side :lol: ). Also have heard of the:

Brazosport Exporters
Calhoun Sandcrabs
Cameron Yoemen
Central Catholic Buttons
White Oak Roughnecks
Grapeland Sandies
Cushing Bearcats

Amarillo has Sandies, too.

The Fighting Blossoms... well. Do opposing teams call them Pansies?

Buttons? Really?

When the Trojans play the Beavers, I'll bet one of them is satisfied afterwards.. :tiphat:

GMN":za9reay0 said:
The Manitowoc Ships, the Wisconsin Badgers!

GMN
My Uncle Pat lived in Manitowoc for several years. The winters were quite a shock for an Oklahoma boy!

MikeC":38u1b0y0 said:
When the Trojans play the Beavers, I'll bet one of them is satisfied afterwards.. :tiphat:

Hopefully, that one got played to a tie...

If I could just make a few up for some HS teams they'd be:
- The Adams Ribs
- The Las Vegas Vivas
- The Macon (County) Bacon
- The Wartburg Frogs

And for some State Universities
- The HI Ya'lls
- The Ill Wind
- The MO Rons
- The WY Me's
- The NC 17's
- The KY (All together now) Jelly
- The OR Else's
- The AK 47's
- The OH Crud
- The Maine Squeeze
- The Penn Pals
- The Ala Kazaam's
- The WA Tusi
- The Minn Nuts
- The Tenn Plates
- The Tex Tiles

(Sorry for the hijack, Lammie, I'm just in a goofy mood since it's late and I can't sleep.)

CUZ":2xjcjde5 said:
If I could just make a few up for some HS teams they'd be:
- The Adams Ribs
- The Las Vegas Vivas
- The Macon (County) Bacon
- The Wartburg Frogs

And for some State Universities
- The HI Ya'lls
- The Ill Wind
- The MO Rons
- The WY Me's
- The NC 17's
- The KY (All together now) Jelly
- The OR Else's
- The AK 47's
- The OH Crud
- The Maine Squeeze

- The Penn Pals
- The Ala Kazaam's
- The WA Tusi
- The Minn Nuts
- The Tenn Plates
- The Tex Tiles

(Sorry for the hijack, Lammie, I'm just in a goofy mood since it's late and I can't sleep.)

Very funny! As you can tell, I am awake as well and this just made me laugh out loud at almost three in the morning! Love your mascots!

Lammie":3nr1hor0 said:
GMN":3nr1hor0 said:
The Manitowoc Ships, the Wisconsin Badgers!

GMN
My Uncle Pat lived in Manitowoc for several years. The winters were quite a shock for an Oklahoma boy!

Yeo this year they have gotten dumped big time with the white stuff too! And to think I sometimes miss all that?

GMN

Was,long ago,the McDade Sunflowers-then McDade Armadillos-now McDade Bulldogs--but no team :frowns:

Lammie":3n4gopny said:
csutton":3n4gopny said:
Yup, Groesbeck is home of the fighting goats! All the other teams we played had normal names, I guess, except for the Cameron Yoemen. What the heck is a Yoe? :? :???:

Yeah! The Cameron Yoemen. You tell me. I have wondered what that was since I started driving through there.

Cuero Gobblers!

I graduated from Cameron; Yoe High School. Yoe was the last name of the man and woman, C.H. and Caroline Yoe, that donated the land for the original high school back in 1920. A Yeomen was an archer in medival times. So they just rearranged the spelling to be Yoemen to match the name and our mascot is an archer. Every second thursday in May is considered Yoe day and based upon the Yoe's will schools are out for the day and there is a wreath ceremony at their gravesites.

Some more good ones are the Fredricksburg Battlin Billies, Bellville Brahmas, Killeen Kangaroos

Angus In Texas":hv9c1m6y said:
Lammie":hv9c1m6y said:
csutton":hv9c1m6y said:

Cuero Gobblers!

I graduated from Cameron; Yoe High School. Yoe was the last name of the man and woman, C.H. and Caroline Yoe, that donated the land for the original high school back in 1920. A Yeomen was an archer in medival times. So they just rearranged the spelling to be Yoemen to match the name and our mascot is an archer. Every second thursday in May is considered Yoe day and based upon the Yoe's will schools are out for the day and there is a wreath ceremony at their gravesites.

Some more good ones are the Fredricksburg Battlin Billies, Bellville Brahmas, Killeen Kangaroos

Well, that makes sense.

Now I have a story to tell my husband when we drive through there on the way to Lake Jackson.

Latest posts