Let's hear some mascot names...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I went to school in a land locked town hundreds of miles from an ocean. Yet my high school mascot was the Pirate. Go fig.

What about it? Give us some mascot names...

I'll start it. The Itasca Wampus Cats.

Have a high school about 10 miles from here whose mascot is the Bunnies. Story behind that is that back in the 20's or thereabouts the kids used to wear rabbit's feet during games to bring good luck. Some reporter called them Bunnies and the name stuck.

My school was the tigers, about half the earth from wild tigers. :roll:

Johnson County Central Thunderbirds. :banana:
we used to be Tecumseh Indians but we merged with another school last year.

theres nothing really interesting around here.
pioneers
trojans
jets
rockets
eagles
bluejays
cardinals
thunderbirds
hhmmm.......

Beatrice is the Orangemen

let us not forget the HUSKERS!

cattleluvr18":3212m016 said:

We penetrate deeper!

How about the Grandview Zebras and Hutto Hippos. There's the Fighting Farmers from Farmersville, I think. Maybe Farmer's Branch.

I was a Thunderbird too.
A school I sub at a lot are called the ORABS. I'll let you guys figure it out....

The wife and I were both rebels. Our sons were knights. Other schools in the conference include: blackcats, tigers, trojans, cougars, eagles, warriors, raiders, vikings, indians, dragons, bulldogs. The bulldogs used to be the purple pups and the dragons' girls' teams are the headhunters.

Our high school mascot is the Yukon Millers (Yukon, Oklahoma)
Named from the old flour mill that use to be in town
Yukon's Best Flour
Of course then there's the Oklahoma State Cowboys and Pistol Pete!

I went to three different schools growing up so, I was a China Spring cougar, a Whitney wildcat, and a Groesbeck Goat. Heck of a trio, huh?

csutton":z4hbpvdz said:
I went to three different schools growing up so, I was a China Spring cougar, a Whitney wildcat, and a Groesbeck Goat. Heck of a trio, huh?

I've played against the Whitney Wildcats and China Spring Cougars. Even played against Lammie's Pirates and Wampus Cats. Never faced off against any Goats that I know of. Have worked with some that smelled like it tho.

Goats? That's some mascot.

Joshua Owls

Everyone around here seems to either be Indians or Yellow Jackets. The town we have been looking at when we relocate has the same school colors and mascot as we have here in Alvarado. Go Indians.

When I first started school at UTA, the mascot was the Maverick. Of course, the Dallas Mavericks stole it. So we had to become the Movin' Mavs. I don't even know what that is... We had a mascot that was a person in an old codger suit. Kinda looked we have stolen him from Six Flags.

I don't think we had a football program after my junior year.

We did have a pretty good basketball team Coach's name was "Snake" LeGrand. Our basketball court was in Texas hall, and it was elevated, so that you sat in the stands and looked up to see the game.

Ever lose a basketball in an orchestra pit?

Yup, Groesbeck is home of the fighting goats! All the other teams we played had normal names, I guess, except for the Cameron Yoemen. What the heck is a Yoe? :? :???:

Robinson men are the Rockets,
Robinson women are the Rockettes.

Lammie":tlpm0gsa said:
How about the Grandview Zebras and Hutto Hippos. There's the Fighting Farmers from Farmersville, I think. Maybe Farmer's Branch.

Hey Lammie, we live just south of Hutto, got lots "Hippos" runnin' around. :lol:

Also, not as strange, but the Taylor Ducks, Round Rock Dragons, and Pflugerville Panthers.

:cboy:

My high school team was the Dons and the mascot was a conquistador (Coronado)
The cheerleaders were Donnettes (not so affectionately known as dough nuts)

went to college in two places, Sun Devils and Wildcats

There's a private school in a nearby town that calls themselves the "Fighting Cocks". No joke.

cfpinz

Latest posts