Legacy Plus

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
A Maine-Anjou bull. There was a lawsuit filed over when/how he died. Does anyone remember how that turned out? Thanks.

Frankie- My guess would be Jeff Schroeder would know or atleast know where to point you to. I remember hearing about it too, but never the out come. I thought Jeff had an account on here, but I know he's got one on SteerPlanet.

A quick summary from 08...

While moving the site over to the new layout, I was reminded of the little story from last August regarding the Legacy Plus bull and the lawsuit over it. Our blog on it has been the number one result for "Glover Cattle Company" on Google (Link) which I doubt they're too happy about. At least with the switch to the new layout that link will eventually expire.

I'm very late to notice but the case was dismissed in March of this year.

For those unfamiliar with the situation, Legacy Plus was a high dollar Maine Anjou bull. He was born in March of 1997 if you believe court documents, or May 3rd if you believe the registration documents that put him in a younger class at shows. Long story short, he was syndicated, believed to have died, and then showed up a few years later to the shock of the syndicate members who thought he was dead. Hartman Cattle Company and the rest of the Legacy Plus Joint Venture filed a lawsuit against Glover Cattle Company and Ronnie Glover in Nebraska.

The last two words of that paragraph are the kicker. The case was dismissed March 3rd of this year after it was decided that the Nebraska court had no jurisdiction over the defendants located in Oklahoma. Most of the court documents focus on whether or not Nebraska has jurisdiction. The only thing the slightest bit interesting was a claim in the court documents that Ronnie Glover claims Mike Hartman told him to "kill that son of a b***h!" (in reference to Legacy Plus) after the bull had developed a swollen scrotum. In court documents he claims that's the last conversation he ever had with Mike Hartman and that he never agreed to actually euthanize the bull.

As it seems with most legal maneuvering, it was ended on a technicality and no real judgment on the actual case was made but I'll guarantee you the laywers got their fees.

(all of the above is based solely on publicly available court documents)

http://www.cattle.com/read.aspx?id=12

Latest posts