Learning to be a Cowboy !

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
This has been the greatest time for me. I've had my youngest son back for almost a month now. He has enjoyed going out checking on the cows.
10-27-07008.jpg

He just has a fit that he can walk up to them in the middle of the pasture and pet some of them.
10-25-07058.jpg

I showed him how to run the tractor. He out on that thing everytime you turn around.
It's makes me so happy to see him relaxed and smiling.
My middle son got home from Iraq last night around 10:30. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Steak dinners for all ! :D

man he is all smiles an happy tobe in the middle of the cows.you can tell how glad he is tobe home.thank him for serving our country for me.hope yall have a great thanksgiving.

Thanks for having children that serve their country. I did the same 15 years ago and understand the stress it can cause a family.

I think you need to cull those cows because of disposition. Too wild! ;-)

Thanks to your sons for serving.

What fantastic pics! And what a good looking guy! I'm so glad he's home safe and sound. Have ya' quit huggin' him yet, Joy?

Alice

Alice":381lgea2 said:
What fantastic pics! And what a good looking guy! I'm so glad he's home safe and sound. Have ya' quit huggin' him yet, Joy?

Alice
Thanks,everyone,Alice I hug him everytime I turn around. I know he has changed alot from who he use to be. But the cows are therapy. He goes out to the pasture for hours on end. He just loves it out there.
God Bless all.

Please thank your son for his service and sacrifice. I spent 8 years in service and understand the the troubles families go through and the joy of being home again!

Congratulations. I'm sure he appreciates those freedoms that he knows are not free.... :)

I showed the boys all the posts. They just beamed with pride. Ya'll have no idea how proud I am of them.
Just to hear them laugh and smile means so much. Alice things are "calming" around here.
John has decided to buy another brahma cow. This time he wants a gray one. I took him yesterday to see one. She's about 6-7 yrs old. Just as gentle as she can be. So ,I guess we will go pick her up next week.

now joy you need to hook them boys on beefmasters.sounds like youll be getting a brimmer bull soon.esp if you keep buying brimmers.

That's wonderful, Joy! My fingers are crossed that it will get better and better.

Alice :)

Moms home cooking-nothing better .. :)
Those guys look great,and glad to be back.So good to see good news :heart: Tell all of them "Thanks " from me

Joy God Bless you and your sons!! I always enjoy reading and looking at your post.Are sons home for good?Tell them thanks for their service.

Latest posts