Leaf blowers?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Kind of wanting a leak blower. I don't want a back pack blower. Some are suggesting a cordless one. Wanting a fairly light handheld and not wanting to spend a lot. Considered a gas Stihl or Echo handheld. Leaning to Echo for the 5 year warranty

Any suggestions or experience?

I would go with the Milwaukee Fuel Blower. But make sure to look a cfm ratings to make sure it will meet your expectations. I thought one might be handy for blowing off equipment after use, but other than that, I really don't need one.

You do not want battery powered. Mains electric work well but petrol power the best option as you can go anywhere. I like stihl myself but i know a few people who bought cheap petrol ones from chain stores and they work pretty good.

Stihl BG Series....You probably can find a good used one for a good price. THe one I use the most I gave $40 BG55 several years ago used and have not had to do anything to it.

Here are sold recent listing to gets some ideals if interested........

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=stihl+bg+blower&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=24281-8679&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=16&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

I bought one of the Stihl BG50 blowers last year when they had them on sale, use it mainly for blowing off the mowers/balers at the end of the day. Works great for that, and the little bit that I use it around the house. A friend of mine gave me a gallon of the premixed oil/gas from Stihl and that's all I've used in it. At the rate I'm going, that gallon will last me 5 years.

Use ethanol free gas and you won't need a warranty with the Stihls. I have had a backpack and a handheld for well past 5 years trouble free. The backpack was given to me by my brother in law who had been running gasohol in it. I told him all it needed was a carburetor but he wanted a new one. I put a carb in it and it was like new again.

cfpinz said:
I bought one of the Stihl BG50 blowers last year when they had them on sale, use it mainly for blowing off the mowers/balers at the end of the day. Works great for that, and the little bit that I use it around the house. A friend of mine gave me a gallon of the premixed oil/gas from Stihl and that's all I've used in it. At the rate I'm going, that gallon will last me 5 years.

Where did he buy that?

I've got the Milwaukee fuel. I just use it to blow out the shop and equipment, but it's pretty impressive for cordless.

When I need to blow leaves I use a 185cfm diesel air compressor and 1" hose

ga.prime said:
They sell that pre mixed gas at the Stihl dealer. It's right next to the pre mixed anti freeze.

Yup.

Not sure if the premix fuel is any different than plain ethanol free, but it was given to me and it works well. Not that I've had any trouble with the chainsaws and weedeater since I switched to ethanol free in their mix...

Check out the Red Max line of Blowers... All of the landscapers in my area swear by them! I don't even own one so I can't give you any personal opinions. Good luck with whatever you go with!

Depends on your usage. I have a cheap Ryobi battery powered one and its awesome. It does every thing I need and I have had it for several years now. It was like $150 with a weed eater. I think its $75ish alone. I throw it on back my truck to blow off the shredder and stuff too.

If you go gas, definitely use the ethanol free premix stuff it you aren't using it every single day.

If your not going to run a tank or two of gas through it every year and are only using it for 15 minutes at a time, go with battery.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
ga.prime said:
They sell that pre mixed gas at the Stihl dealer. It's right next to the pre mixed anti freeze.

When did they start premixing anti freeze?

I don't know when they started but I've been seeing it for a few years. It's 50% antifreeze and 50% water and costs the same as 100% antifreeze. Containers look the same at NAPA so read the fine print before you buy.

ga.prime said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
ga.prime said:

When did they start premixing anti freeze?

I don't know when they started but I've been seeing it for a few years. It's 50% antifreeze and 50% water and costs the same as 100% antifreeze. Containers look the same at NAPA so read the fine print before you buy.

Well I'll be a suck egg mule.

ga.prime It's 50% antifreeze and 50% water and costs the same as 100% antifreeze. Containers look the same at NAPA so read the fine print before you buy. [/quote said:
Dammmm. I am have to go into the mixing business. :banana:

I found it more efficient to just get rid of the leaves at the source.
Not a tree in my yard that isn't evergreen and only one or 2 of them.

I do have a little leafblower tho........I used it to clean off the big bug zapper.

Latest posts