Leaf blowers?

Help Support CattleToday:

I swore off of the pre-mixed fuel after using it in a echo blower which totaled ruined it. Think that I might have got some that got through straight. Pre-mix was all I ever used in it. Now I buy the best oil echo offers and mix it myself in a two gallon can with ethanol free gas. That way I know it is mixed with oil in the right proportion.

Yesterday I was at the chainsaw and lawn mower shop The young man that owns it also has one in Tyler Texas.
I noticed an echo battery powered blower on the wall and commented on it. He said that you remember you telling me that you thought that I should look into the battery powered lawn equipment. He said that at the Tyler store they had taken on the Green Work Line of cordless equipment. https://greenworkscommercial.com/global/en-us . Why because one of the landscapers in Tyler had all of the hospital's ground to take care off and they specified all electric equipment. This may be trend in every city eventually.

cfpinz said:
ga.prime said:
They sell that pre mixed gas at the Stihl dealer. It's right next to the pre mixed anti freeze.

Yup.

Not sure if the premix fuel is any different than plain ethanol free, but it was given to me and it works well. Not that I've had any trouble with the chainsaws and weedeater since I switched to ethanol free in their mix...

It isn't. But in many places ethanol free is not available.

I'm not convinced that ethanol is the devil that it's made out to be, but the pre-mixed gas stuff is good for storage and those that don't use much of it.

Ended up buying a Echo PB 2520. Used it a couple hours a it seems fine. Blows better than a Stihl I tried that was almost twice as high.

Yoiu got a nice blower Tom....

Here is a barn find I just picked up for $10. It is a Stihl BG72 and it is not easy on the eyes, but a little buffing and it should be ready to blow. THe guy jerked the starter rope out a few years ago and put in storage. I checked the jug and it looks like straight out of the hopper ( nice condition). Ordered and new carb kit and will pull new Tygon tubing lines in while I have it down. I will have to clean all the mud dabbers, black widows, wasp nest and just simply crud out also.Probably just go ahead and do a vacuum/pressure test while I have it down, and check the vacuum on the tank vent, clean out the muffler spark arrestor screen. It will blow again...

QSBtwxc.jpg

jltrent said:
Yoiu got a nice blower Tom....

Here is a barn find I just picked up for $10. It is a Stihl BG72 and it is not easy on the eyes, but a little buffing and it should be ready to blow. THe guy jerked the starter rope out a few years ago and put in storage. I checked the jug and it looks like straight out of the hopper ( nice condition). Ordered and new carb kit and will pull new Tygon tubing lines in while I have it down. I will have to clean all the mud dabbers, black widows, wasp nest and just simply crud out also.Probably just go ahead and do a vacuum/pressure test while I have it down, and check the vacuum on the tank vent, clean out the muffler spark arrestor screen. It will blow again...

QSBtwxc.jpg

I admire your talent for working on small engines and such.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:
Thanks, this blower is German built without the EPA crap on it. When finished will outlast new ones.

I just refurbished twelve 064/066/MS660 s and have 5 more in the beginning phases. I have probably at least a 100 projects going on right now(just not enough hours in the day...

Here are some I just listed as I have already sold 7 066/MS660 s. Worked on this junk for many years as kinda boring anymore.

https://www.ebay.com/mys/active

hurleyjd said:
I swore off of the pre-mixed fuel after using it in a echo blower which totaled ruined it. Think that I might have got some that got through straight. Pre-mix was all I ever used in it. Now I buy the best oil echo offers and mix it myself in a two gallon can with ethanol free gas. That way I know it is mixed with oil in the right proportion.
yep.
The old adage.
"If you want to be sure it's done right, you have to do it yourself."

Got a husky i'm happy with. Seen hard use 4-5 years. We blow tobacco bales off with and dust dirt out of shop. The mexican boys have not broke that says alot.

jltrent said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:
Thanks, this blower is German built without the EPA crap on it. When finished will outlast new ones.

I just refurbished twelve 064/066/MS660 s and have 5 more in the beginning phases. I have probably at least a 100 projects going on right now(just not enough hours in the day...

Here are some I just listed as I have already sold 7 066/MS660 s. Worked on this junk for many years as kinda boring anymore.

https://www.ebay.com/mys/active

Added to the post...I opened the non-EPA muffler up (no baffle or sealed BS in the muffler like the new ones) some more (muffler MOD) added more fuel at the carb and that should add a few more MPH to the blowing. It will be a loud blowing machine when finished...Probably take a strong arm to hold on.

I'm going to be honest...I haven't read through all of the replies. But I'd like to chime in.

I have about 15 massive trees covering or near my house. I bought the $120, gas-powered special they had at Home Depot about two years ago. I spent hours blowing leaves with that thing. A buddy of mine finally pointed out the main difference is the amount of air the thing moves (CFM). So I went and got the biggest one husqvarna makes...it was one sale for $350 a month ago and may still be. I can get my weekly leaf blowing done in 15 minutes. It used to take an hour.

It has a 4 year warranty. It is not heavy at all. It moves a lot of air.

I have had them all, battery, plug in electric, pertol and 2 stroke.

I have had and use the battery Ryobi for years for small stuff, but also have a light weight Chinese 2 stroke back type, but, no need to use on back if a small job, just start, and hold unit in one hand with nozzle and control in other...

It starts easy, revs like all get out, and so cheap, I could replace it for less than one ryobi battery....it is seriously good, and I hate 2 stroke and the mixing, but it makes it worthwhile.....is light on fuel too...

All the corded mains powered units have been a pain, pain due to cord, but also pain due to size and weight, cant compete with the light 2 stroke cheap jobby....but, I will confess, had no plug in one for mains for over 10 years....