laying out new corrals

Help Support CattleToday:

memanpa

Reaction score
i am in the process of desiging a new pipe/sucker rod corral/barn area, had it all designed on grid paper but had a problem visulizing it on the ground (existing barbed wire.)
i was in the local home depot and saw those bright red and green wire ties , bought some and placed them on where posts would go, gates would go etc etc, backed off 50 or so foot and looked,(very visable) gave me a good outlook overall, (the barbed wire corrals are out of square a bunch, sure did change my mind on placement of a few things just being able to back off and look and visualize! i bought the small wire ties, do it again i will buy bigger ones!more visable

When we layed out our corral we stuck some rebar in the ground where we thought post should be and ran baler twine to visualize the layout. Glad we did for we made several changes.

i have done that too, just liked the visual effect of the differnt colors at at a 5' height to tell me where the gate is etc etc!
tried the little landscape flags but wasn't the same

come on guys!!!
give me a break the honey do's come first!
she is nicer to sleep with than the cows :D :D

JUST MAKE SURE UR PENS WILL DRAIN WHEN IT RAINS THE BEST WAY I STARTED DESIGN ON PAPER THEN START MARKING FOR CORNERS ALLEY WAYS LOADOUTS AND SORT PENS CAUSE U WILL CHANGE UR DESIGN SOME WHEN U LAYOUT EVERTHING

klooper! might wanna drop the upper case letter , not polite to shout!!
yea drainage has been figured, shot grade before i set the first post!!!
won't have pics for a while lovely bride just came up with another project!!! :( :( do have some posts set!! post laying in general area. succker rod and pipe near by cattle looking at me in anticipation!!!!
oh well she is still better to cuddle up with that any of my cows! :D

I dont' know the type of soils you are in but yesterday I was setting posts for a cross fence and after the first one I was wishing my wife would come up with a list for me. I live in sandy soils but after about 2 feet you hit the hardest dang red clay I have ever seen. Hope you ground is a little more forgiving. :D

Latest posts