Latest pics - have at it

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
You will need to hold your control key & click the minus (-) key to view the whole pics.

2-year old - calved that night - HEIFER!!!
SS2012a60X.jpg

5 year old with heifer on side
SS2012a32T.jpg

2-year old with bull calf
SS2012a13X.jpg

Very nice cattle even tho one has a pretty ragged looking udder. I"m sure it still functions very well. The heifer is "classy".

Good looking cattle. The udder is about the only thing that looks like the sims that I've been around but yours is already five and the ones I've seen looked like that as three and four. :D
Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind, what are they bred like? I'm starting to see alot more sim and simangus genetics floating around and that's new here so I'd like as much insight as I can get.

I totally understand the comments about the 5 yr olds udder - but - on her behalf, it's pretty engorged - the calf is only about 3 days old and has not started sucking all 4 cylinders! It looks a lot better now.
Thanks for your comments Gator - I'll have to work to improve on those traits - especially the poll!
CowPollinator -
#1 is a SV Macho As U (Power Drive x 600U) out of our donor cow SS Nadine (Joke x Breathtaker) Homo Blk & Homo Polled
#2 is a Black Perfector out of a Circle S "Cowtown" bull out of Ohio (a Dice son) Homo Blk
#3 is a BMR Explorer out of a red cow from Hudson Pines. Heteo Black

Jeanne,
Exceptional cattle (as always). Is the udder on the 5yr old perfect, no but anyone with any experience could tell it was engorged and gonna get a whole lot more functional looking very soon.. at least you know that cow is gonna feed her calf well enough to get itt off to aa good start

we need to try and get rid of those bad udders. Yes its bad. does it cause a problem . ? I dont know. I bet calf got up and found what it needed and was on its way. BUT we need to get rid of those types.

Cattle are very good Jeanne. Just dont like the udder. Yes its functional and probably no problem YET. She wont be around in 13-14 yrs unless you milk her to get calf started. BUT WHO KEEPS COWS THAT LONG ANYMORE WITH COW PRICES HIGH.

JHH":1ufscf8j said:
we need to try and get rid of those bad udders. Yes its bad. does it cause a problem . ? I dont know. I bet calf got up and found what it needed and was on its way. BUT we need to get rid of those types.

Cattle are very good Jeanne. Just dont like the udder. Yes its functional and probably no problem YET. She wont be around in 13-14 yrs unless you milk her to get calf started. BUT WHO KEEPS COWS THAT LONG ANYMORE WITH COW PRICES HIGH.

Was looking through records the other day, about 30% of the herd is 12+. Thought we had gotten rid of a bunch of older cows but there are still a bunch around. Have about 15 of them that predate solid records so taht puts them at 15 or 16+

Jake":4bffzp09 said:
JHH":4bffzp09 said:

Was looking through records the other day, about 30% of the herd is 12+. Thought we had gotten rid of a bunch of older cows but there are still a bunch around. Have about 15 of them that predate solid records so taht puts them at 15 or 16+

What do the udders look like? Thats the point I was trying to make. You have mostly angus influenced cows right?

JHH":395ab77i said:
Jake":395ab77i said:
JHH":395ab77i said:

What do the udders look like? Thats the point I was trying to make. You have mostly angus influenced cows right?

Correct, and I need to edit a typo, It's 20% not 30% jsut caught that so I appologize. Trying to do this on a smart phone isn't the easiest.

Udders look very good on the majority of them. The poor udders were already poor when they were young cows. Seems like there isn't much change from 6 to granny stage.

Latest posts