lasik surgery

Help Support CattleToday:

baldy

Reaction score
Any more experiences with laser eye surgery? A while back a few were thinking about it( including me). Just wondering if anyone did it and how the ones that already had it done were still happy.

A buddy of mine had it done several years ago, but is back to wearing glasses. Granted they aren't coke bottle glasses anymore, but I guess the magic wore off. Boone

Last Thursday was 4 years ago that I had it done. It's the best thing I have ever done. I would do it again in a heart beat if I had it to do over.

I hated wearing glasses in the hot summer while trying to work because of the sweat. In the winter when it was really cold ith glasses would fog up. I don't have todeal with either of those issues now.

Rod

My eye doctor said that it is important to keep up with the numbers/dimensions of your eye pre-lasik surgery. He said that if you ever have to have cataract surgery, and according to him -you will if you work in the sun and live long enough, the eye surgeon will need these numbers to get the implant correct.

denoginnizer":1uxo41ed said:
My eye doctor said that it is important to keep up with the numbers/dimensions of your eye pre-lasik surgery. He said that if you ever have to have cataract surgery, and according to him -you will if you work in the sun and live long enough, the eye surgeon will need these numbers to get the implant correct.

That scares me to think that the eye surgeon will rely on measurments that could be 10, 20, 39 years or more older. Why wouldn't the eye surgeon just take new measurments when he does the preop visit before surgery. No dis-respect but I don't think this in correct. But again it's only my opinion.

Heard an ad on the radio today for some outfit that will do thesurgery for 895 per eye with a coupon. I'ld sure be leery of an surgery that you can get coupons for

dun

Nowland Farms":6zce53ze said:
denoginnizer":6zce53ze said:

That scares me to think that the eye surgeon will rely on measurments that could be 10, 20, 39 years or more older. Why wouldn't the eye surgeon just take new measurments when he does the preop visit before surgery. No dis-respect but I don't think this in correct. But again it's only my opinion.
I called the eye doctor that did my lasik and got them to fax my pre-op numbers to my regular eye doctor just to be safe. The eye doctor that I have been currently seeing is well respected and has done hundreds of cataract surgeries. If someone is thinking of having lasik done it probably want hurt to ask about correcting cataracts later.

dun":ai1r9h10 said:
Heard an ad on the radio today for some outfit that will do thesurgery for 895 per eye with a coupon. I'ld sure be leery of an surgery that you can get coupons for

dun

Did the address for that coupon place include "alley" ?

Around here, they'll send a car out to get you and haul you in. And give the ladies a rose when it's over. It's a no insurance procedure, so the market rules.

MillIronQH":fzbl8k1o said:
I'm not trying to be nosey but ballpark what should lasik surgery cost?Z

My mother-in-law, who is 80, had it done about 4 years ago. Cost her about $1600 in Indianapolis. Around here it's a bit more, probably because fewer doctors know how to do it. She is very happy with it so far. Like many things, the cost should come down as more doctors learn how to do it, creating more competition.

MillIronQH":2ht99f14 said:
I'm not trying to be nosey but ballpark what should lasik surgery cost?Z

I have seen it as cheap as $300 an eye,I dont know if that was just a come on,or they were really that cheap,I would'nt be looking for a cheap price for that kinda surgery,if a person is considering having lasik done,check the doc's credentials real good.................good luck
PS if memory serves me ,mine was around $3000 for both eyes,when this procedure first became availible it was that much for one eye.

Latest posts