• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

laptop

GMN

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good laptop for a high school student, not too many thrills, CD burner, DVD thing, reasonably priced?

GMN

Lammie

Reaction score
GMN":1jal0ofl said:
Anyone know of a good laptop for a high school student, not too many thrills, CD burner, DVD thing, reasonably priced?

GMN

My son has a Dell that he really likes. I can't remember the stats on it, though. He's had two, actually, one was crashed in his wreck. The other he bought before he went off to college. He takes some of his courses online. I think he gave around nine hundred for his by the time he got the insurance on it.

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
I like my HP Compaq Presario. I paid about 600 canadian 2.5 years ago. It has been good for me. I bought it from Radio Shack

Lammie

Reaction score
GMN":30inqm6v said:

GMN

Shop around. You can get them fairly cheap. I have seen Toshibas in the five hundreds at Wallie World.

long4country

Reaction score
I have to agree with UncleD. I have a Toshiba satellite also that I picked up at a pawn shop for about 300 dollars. Works fine for my school and anything else I need it for. In fact I'm using it to make this posting. :cboy:

dun

Reaction score
long4country":9ar5nohx said:
I have to agree with UncleD. I have a Toshiba satellite also that I picked up at a pawn shop for about 300 dollars. Works fine for my school and anything else I need it for. In fact I'm using it to make this posting. :cboy:

I've got one with a Pnetium II and max memory. I'm not patient enough to use it for much.

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I've had my Acer around for over 4 years now and its still working great...the newer models will have good stuff on them that for an HS student.