laptop

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good laptop for a high school student, not too many thrills, CD burner, DVD thing, reasonably priced?

GMN

GMN":1jal0ofl said:
Anyone know of a good laptop for a high school student, not too many thrills, CD burner, DVD thing, reasonably priced?

GMN

My son has a Dell that he really likes. I can't remember the stats on it, though. He's had two, actually, one was crashed in his wreck. The other he bought before he went off to college. He takes some of his courses online. I think he gave around nine hundred for his by the time he got the insurance on it.

GMN":30inqm6v said:

GMN

Shop around. You can get them fairly cheap. I have seen Toshibas in the five hundreds at Wallie World.

UncleD":3iy7e105 said:
I have a toshiba satellite. Been using it about 3 years now with no issues.
Best Buy has them listed at $400 right now for the stripped down version, that's what I have.
http://www.tigerdirect.com is a good place to look.
Check out http://www.newegg.com as well.
that's what I have too, it does more than I can do

I have to agree with UncleD. I have a Toshiba satellite also that I picked up at a pawn shop for about 300 dollars. Works fine for my school and anything else I need it for. In fact I'm using it to make this posting. :cboy:

long4country":9ar5nohx said:
I have to agree with UncleD. I have a Toshiba satellite also that I picked up at a pawn shop for about 300 dollars. Works fine for my school and anything else I need it for. In fact I'm using it to make this posting. :cboy:

I've got one with a Pnetium II and max memory. I'm not patient enough to use it for much.

I've had my Acer around for over 4 years now and its still working great...the newer models will have good stuff on them that for an HS student.

Latest posts