Land vs Stock Market

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":3rfkyn5o said:
Brute 23":3rfkyn5o said:
shaz":3rfkyn5o said:
Where I grew up all the land went for 500/acre in 1972 and sold in 2006 for 12K/acre

As great as that sounds... it did not beat the stock market. In fact the stock market would have done double that in that time period.

Im not saying not to invest in land but a person should max out there Roths, SEPs, 401Ks, etc first. There is nothing that can compete with the compound interest, tax breaks, matches, etc that come along with those. Every thins else is adding diversity or some other aspect to your portfolio.

Brute I wish they would have put my social security in stocks for the last 45 years My employers have matched my contributions I could have retired a few years back

Stocks have been good Land has been really good too Gold was at $1800 a few years back but its at $1200 now and I'm still ahead, but not by much.

I think a good portfolio is blended. Real estate cannot be mass produced.

Real estate is more enjoyable also IMO.

I will give you all some good stock advise....whatever I say, short the stock.

Brute 23":bgndswlw said:
shaz":bgndswlw said:
Where I grew up all the land went for 500/acre in 1972 and sold in 2006 for 12K/acre

As great as that sounds... it did not beat the stock market. In fact the stock market would have done double that in that time period.

Im not saying not to invest in land but a person should max out there Roths, SEPs, 401Ks, etc first. There is nothing that can compete with the compound interest, tax breaks, matches, etc that come along with those. Every thins else is adding diversity or some other aspect to your portfolio.
Whats the yield on .75% compounded quarterly??

TexasBred":38ss02g6 said:
Brute 23":38ss02g6 said:
shaz":38ss02g6 said:

Whats the yield on .75% compounded quarterly??

3 cents per dollar if my math is correct. Which could be stated as, not much.

I do however agree, that under what we would have previously called normal, compound interest is amazing. The time factor is the most important part of the equation.

Latest posts