Lamb Wrestling

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Took daughter and her lamb to the county fair today.
We set up the pen, washed the lamb and put a t-shirt on the lamb to try to keep it clean.
Got told to get the lamb in another building to get a weight on her.
Daughter was holding the head as I was trying to get the t-shirt off.
The lamb suddenly jumped forward trying to buck and get away. Daughter is holding on tight and not letting go. She suddenly trips and goes down and takes the lamb with her. Still holding on. Lamb gets to it's feet, but can't move because daughter still has a tight grip on it's head. She is still laying in the dirt, but daughter cannot get up because the lamb is standing on her legs.

I had to go get the lamb.
Everybody praised her for hanging on and not letting go. :clap:

I've heard tha stubborness and strong will power is an inherited trait. Wonder where she gets this trait. Is her daddy that way too? ;-) :lol2:

Its been a long time since I have showed a Lamb, brings back memories. Tell your daughter congratulations on being a tough cookie! :tiphat:

Even funnier.
When she was going into the showring for the Novice class. Took the halter off the lamb, she was not paying alot of attention to what was in front of her. She tripped over the pipe at the bottom of the gate and fell, but just kept hanging on.
She is laid out in front of the judges table on her back with her lamb standing beside her. She still has a hold of that head. Market judge had to tell her to let go of the lamb. She was waiting for him to just stand her on her feet so she could just continue. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Even more crazy, she was walking around the ring going "Baaa" to her lamb. Through the entire thing. Showmanship and Market. :lol2: :lol2:
I asked her later why she did that, said her lamb likes to hear her voice.
Can't argue with that logic.

Jo I hope she didn't get it from me. :D ;-)

Sold her lamb on Sunday. She got $5.25 a pound for the 100# lamb. That was pretty great. :D 4th highest priced lamb in the sale.
I was waiting for her to be upset about selling the lamb, but she took it all in stride. I saw a few other kids be pretty upset about it. Just wonder if we prep her too much. We told her in the beginning this lamb is going to the butcher.

Wants to do it again next year along with a pig. :roll: Told her to wait one more year for the pig, she's not very big and I would worry about her being in the pen with them.

I think I was a bit more upset about her selling the lamb then she was. :oops:

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

Judge was awesome helping her out.
IMG_5010.jpg

She's 9 Ryder.
I mean a sort of making her less sensetive, but I guess raising so many animals like we have she just grew into it.

We still have another lamb at home she is raising for our freezer. She knows and understands it.
Named the first lamb; Lamb Chop and the second one is called; Leg Of Lamb.
Told her to not name them like pets, because they are not pets.

Latest posts