Lack of knowledge of local gov.

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
After the floods , I have seen numerous people who live in private subdivisions , that the roads were put in by the subdivider , the county never took the roads over because they did not meet the county road specs. The roads and bridges were washed out and now they expect the county to fix the roads and bridges . State laws dictate that tax dollars can not be used on private private property,
Another subdivision on the edge of newly incorporated town ( the subdivision refused to annexed into the new town ) wants the town to spend tax dollars to help on clean up. They are reaching out to local TV stations making the town look like the villain, again tax dollars can be spent on private property.
One property owner blamed the county commissioner for the flooding in a private subdivision. All these complains are coming from outside implants who move to the country and want city services.
The county I live in one of the poorest in the state, even thought we are in the 5 fastest growing county region of the USA. The fastest growing city (San Marcos) in the USA butts up to our county line. Even if the county or town wanted to help the tax dollars are not their to help. Growth is making the county poorer because of the services required.

cowboy43":5vwy1v4b said:
After the floods , I have seen numerous people who live in private subdivisions , that the roads were put in by the subdivider , the county never took the roads over because they did not meet the county road specs. The roads and bridges were washed out and now they expect the county to fix the roads and bridges . State laws dictate that tax dollars can not be used on private private property,
Another subdivision on the edge of newly incorporated town ( the subdivision refused to annexed into the new town ) wants the town to spend tax dollars to help on clean up. They are reaching out to local TV stations making the town look like the villain, again tax dollars can be spent on private property.
One property owner blamed the county commissioner for the flooding in a private subdivision. All these complains are coming from outside implants who move to the country and want city services.
The county I live in one of the poorest in the state, even thought we are in the 5 fastest growing county region of the USA. The fastest growing city (San Marcos) in the USA butts up to our county line. Even if the county or town wanted to help the tax dollars are not their to help. Growth is making the county poorer because of the services required.
In california people would sue the city/county to get building permits for areas that the city/county had determined were not suitable for building. Sides of canyons, flood zones, etc. Some wcho judge would issue a ruling that they had to allow them to build. After appeals and such the people would finally build their dream (nightmare) home. Every year places would flood and get washed away or canyon walls would collapse and destroy the home. Then they would sue the city/county for having allowed them to build there.

I guy who moved in here some years ago summed it up pretty well I thought. "These city folks move out here to the country because of the low taxes, then complain that they don't have curbs and streetlights in front of their house."

cowboy43":2cp4wt1m said:
Cowboy most subdivision when being developed will have the developer layout, design and pave the streets. Those streets will then be dedicated (given) to the city IF the subdivision is inside the city limits. If this is done then yes the city is respnsible. If not you're on your own. Cities certainly jump at every opportunity to incorporate a newly developed subdivision into the city limits so they can charge city taxes while often furnishing absolutely no city services. Not saying this applies to the situation in your area at all but just the wya it works. Same for folks out in the country. The road either belongs to the county or the state (unless it's a private road) and maintenance and repairs is their responsible. (Tax money again). Nobody can budget for what hit your neck of the woods but somewhere, somehow the roads will get fixed. Did see where Feds had appropriated 5 million already for just one bridge down there in Wimberly.

Seems to me with the recent EPA power grab on water it was the EPA's water that caused all this damage so they should be held responsible for the damages. I mean its "their water" is it not? Just saying.

Jogeephus":3k3k2yne said:
Seems to me with the recent EPA power grab on water it was the EPA's water that caused all this damage so they should be held responsible for the damages. I mean its "their water" is it not? Just saying.
Yep, next flood or drought i'm suing the EPA for not maintaining their water.

Or it could be like the deer. Shoot a deer and it's the state's deer, and you pay for it. Hit a deer and it's your deer, and you pay for it.

sim.-ang.king":1yok7tli said:
Jogeephus":1yok7tli said:
Yep, next flood or drought i'm suing the EPA for not maintaining their water.

Or it could be like the deer. Shoot a deer and it's the state's deer, and you pay for it. Hit a deer and it's your deer, and you pay for it.

If your cow gets on the highway I'm sure you would be responsible and own up to the damages it caused and I'm sure there are some who would vouch that the government is very responsible just like you are so for them to NOT pay for the damages THEIR water caused on private property would mean they are IRRESPONSIBLE and we know this just couldn't be.

backhoeboogie":3jccad1m said:
We lost our bridge 35 years ago. It has not been replaced.

Be sure and let know that the lack of this bridge is a incovience to the "immigrants" moving through your county. That bridge will get fixed pronto

houstoncutter":2518hh3k said:
backhoeboogie":2518hh3k said:
We lost our bridge 35 years ago. It has not been replaced.

Be sure and let know that the lack of this bridge is a incovience to the "immigrants" moving through your county. That bridge will get fixed pronto

Now that we have had rain again, they are all whining. Newby folks are wanting a bridge at our water crossing. Leave it alone. Put the bridge where it used to be. They get the deer in the headlights look. Don't even know there used to be a bridge or about the other crossing.

Jogeephus":2q9djvsz said:
If your cow gets on the highway I'm sure you would be responsible and own up to the damages it caused and I'm sure there are some who would vouch that the government is very responsible just like you are so for them to NOT pay for the damages THEIR water caused on private property would mean they are IRRESPONSIBLE and we know this just couldn't be.

Kansas is a free range state so technically if somebody hits your cow they owe you a cow. Our roads are all Township roads, the main roads would classify as minimum maintenance most places, the rains have been rough on them but if we want them passable in any sort of timely manner it will be us and a loader making them passable.

Jake":1bt095qn said:
Jogeephus":1bt095qn said:

Kansas is a free range state so technically if somebody hits your cow they owe you a cow. Our roads are all Township roads, the main roads would classify as minimum maintenance most places, the rains have been rough on them but if we want them passable in any sort of timely manner it will be us and a loader making them passable.

I like that idea. Here, they seem to speed up when they see a cow on the road so they can get that mental anguish check.

Latest posts