knee swelling

Help Support CattleToday:

goatgal

Reaction score
I have a 2 month old bottle calf and he has swelling in both of his left side knee's. Appetite is good with no other problems. Any idea what it could be and what to do for it. Thanks, Goatgal

Over an internet forum all you'll get is a few wild guesses, I'll guess joint ill, but it is still just a guess.

Rather call a vet.

goatgal":22np0g94 said:
is there anything that can be done? antibiotics to try?

KNERSIE wrote:

....... I'll guess joint ill, but it is still just a guess.

Rather call a vet.

I think it was good advice - why not take it?

Bez>

It cna be treated but it's a long term process with not alwasy real good results. But, have it checked by a vet and go with his/her diagnosis and plan of treatment. If you don;t have confidence in your vet, find another one.

How long has this been going on? What breed of calf is it? Where is it being kept...I mean is it in a pen, in a pasture...in a barn...in a ??? Just curious...

Alice

Call a Vet; Call a Vet ;Call a Vet.Quick as it is a holiday week.To many scenarios to make a guess.Call your Vet and get that calf looked at asap.You have already invested two months of feed into it so a little money spent for a call is worth it and if it is joint ill and you wait to treat it will be too late.

So like everyone said call a vet.

hillsdown":217i0xv3 said:
Call a Vet; Call a Vet ;Call a Vet.Quick as it is a holiday week.To many scenarios to make a guess.Call your Vet and get that calf looked at asap.You have already invested two months of feed into it so a little money spent for a call is worth it and if it is joint ill and you wait to treat it will be too late.

So like everyone said call a vet.

Call a vet...true enough...but I'm still curious about its "housing..."

Alice