KFC's New Colonel Sanders

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, I find the new Col Sanders kinda creepy on the same order as the plastic Burger King.

I haven't been to KFC for a long time. No particular reason, just that fast food chicken really isnt my thing. After all, I'm a beef man :p

There has been a KFC for a long time in the same place where it was a Burger King when I was in high school in the late '70s. There was a new car wash across the street from the BK, and I was a frequent customer of both.

Time moves on. The car wash was torn down a few years ago and a brand spanking new car wash was built in the same spot. I used it for the first time about a month ago :?

We ate at a KFC while on the road a couple days ago--a big disappointment compared to what it used to be like. Gravy on the mashed potatoes was nasty and I could only hndle 1 spoonful of that nasty dried out coleslaw--that used to be pretty good.

(The sign above the menu btw, still advertised "southern style" fried chicken--I guess that will be going bye bye pretty quick.)

greybeard":26tgu20m said:
We ate at a KFC while on the road a couple days ago--a big disappointment compared to what it used to be like. Gravy on the mashed potatoes was nasty and I could only hndle 1 spoonful of that nasty dried out coleslaw--that used to be pretty good.

(The sign above the menu btw, still advertised "southern style" fried chicken--I guess that will be going bye bye pretty quick.)
I've always like KFC (original) but hadn't eaten there in a long time until a couple of weeks ago. Wings are my favorite so I ordered their 4 wing special. When I set down with the tray and looked at it those wings looked like they came of pigeons. Flavor was good but just not a lot of it.

I haven't eaten at a KFC in quite a while, they just got too expensive. They use to have coupons on their buckets but now it just on a bowl of ? Or popcorn chicken. When I did eat KFC going into one that we hadn't been to was like playing Russian roulette, meaning could we eat it now or do we take it home and finish cooking it. I'm with you GB, their gravy I can force down but those mashed potatoes are uneatable.

I tried a couple of time to find a link to a video of the new Sanders, I assuming it must be a TV commercial in your area?

ga.prime":32vlo8f1 said:
Alan, go on youtube and put New Colonel Sanders in the search bar and you'll get the whole list.

Thanks, I think I did the previous search with my eyes closed.

Alan":1hgvz1qi said:
I haven't eaten at a KFC in quite a while, they just got too expensive. They use to have coupons on their buckets but now it just on a bowl of ? Or popcorn chicken. When I did eat KFC going into one that we hadn't been to was like playing Russian roulette, meaning could we eat it now or do we take it home and finish cooking it. I'm with you GB, their gravy I can force down but those mashed potatoes are uneatable.

I tried a couple of time to find a link to a video of the new Sanders, I assuming it must be a TV commercial in your area?
The gravy used to be a thick, but easily mixable liquid--the gravy I tried to eat last week had the consistency of tar on a hot day, and when I tried to mix it in the taters the gravy just picked up en masse. I would have had to drop the whole mess into a blender to get it to mix and that still wouldn't have gotten rid of the nasty taste.

TB, I know what you mean about the wings and even the thighs. Little tiny things about the size that would come from a dove.

greybeard":1p2mxsor said:

GB as a kid did you ever make glue or what we called paste out of flour and water....I think that is the new recipe of KFC gravy. Might use the same recipe with less water for the taters. :nod:

I'm sorry to hear the mashed potatoes and gravy aren't any good at KFC anymore. I haven't eaten at a KFC in years but the mashed potatoes and gravy used to be the best thing they had. It's gone downhill since Colonel Sanders passed away.

With today's technology, they could have taken images of the real Col Sanders and done some kind of magic. I don't like the new guy.

There isn't a KFC anywhere near where we live. When I was out doing some Christmas shopping last year, I thought, oh boy I'll get a bucket of chicken for dinner. Hadn't had any for a long time, was really looking forward to it. I had to wait for the chicken to cook, they had run out. Then they gave me the wrong order. And I wasn't smart enough to check their work so I drove 30 miles home before this came to light. I make oven fried chicken that is very similar to original recipe. We'll stick with that.

I swear there is a contest going to see who can come up with the stupidest commercials. Those Sonic guys are so bad.

MO_cows":a6wug73e said:
I swear there is a contest going to see who can come up with the stupidest commercials. Those Sonic guys are so bad.
:lol2: I like those Sonic guys.

ga.prime":699vzo39 said:
MO_cows":699vzo39 said:
:lol2: I like those Sonic guys.

I do too.

I got a kick of the commercial where they play Kevin Durant "one on one" in basketball when the "one on one" they are referring to is the one Sonic guy on the shoulders of the other.

ga.prime":370oybvq said:
M-5":370oybvq said:
I like those Sonic gays.
Is that right?
I thought the one that is alwyas driving the car (and wearing a wedding ring) was always trying to get the other guy fixed up with ladies. Maybe I missed something.

Latest posts