Kentucky Basketball

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I hope my Kentucky friends are not offended. My brother sent me this.
14dk28k.jpg

I worked in Kentucky for many years. When the Wildcats are a playing you might as well shut down the state while the game is on. Those people are crazy.

Had to read that a couple of times, then I caught it :hide:
On a side note, during a ball game is a good time to go grocery shopping around here. Can tell when it's over when the traffic picks back up.

The pregame call in show is the best........When you gonna put Richie in?

Bigfoot":j0rwvm23 said:
The pregame call in show is the best........When you gonna put Richie in?

Haha. You have no idea the memories that brought to mind.

Richie Farmer, in state boy. I was living out west. I called dad pretty often. Mostly spoke to mom. But during that era, dad would swear Richie Farmer was the best player on that team. Lol

Must be an old pic. Today he'd have more tattoos than skin showing..and piercings.

Lazy M":2vhcq78r said:
Must be an old pic. Today he'd have more tattoos than skin showing..and piercings.

And fewer teeth. Wouldn't be able to keep that straw in his piehole.

greybeard":1vblolzp said:
Had to read that a couple of times, then I caught it
You're from Ky huh?

Breaking Life as Usual!
This just in.
Kentucky mulletman impregnates his own sister.
Yawnnnn...ho hum....

Have heard some of the oldtimers round here say that years ago they didn't go very far to find a wife. Though I don't think it was near as close in the family tree as that comment was in most cases.
I have however heard the term double first cousins.

jltrent":vem880rr said:
I worked in Kentucky for many years. When the Wildcats are a playing you might as well shut down the state while the game is on. Those people are crazy.

I live in KY, and I will admit, Wildcat fans are crazy. In a rare instance, there are people like me who are not sports fans in general and pay no attention to it. Nobody in my family was ever sports fans.

We lived in Lexington until I was 7, and looking back, I didn't even know the Wildcats existed. I was more into Sesame Street and The Six Million Dollar Man, and my parents were not sports fans.

herofan":bveczxce said:
jltrent":bveczxce said:

I live in KY, and I will admit, Wildcat fans are crazy. In a rare instance, there are people like me who are not sports fans in general and pay no attention to it. Nobody in my family was ever sports fans.

We lived in Lexington until I was 7, and looking back, I didn't even know the Wildcats existed. I was more into Sesame Street and The Six Million Dollar Man, and my parents were not sports fans.

The Six Million Dollar Man (Lee Majors born Harvey Lee Yeary; April 23, 1939) is from Middlesboro Kentucky, the city I worked in. I worked with a lady who was in his HS class. With donations he built the football team a stadium and it was named Lee Majors Field. Pretty cool guy as he use to return to town often when his family was still living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Majors

jltrent":1xdpwzvb said:
herofan":1xdpwzvb said:
jltrent":1xdpwzvb said:

The Six Million Dollar Man (Lee Majors born Harvey Lee Yeary; April 23, 1939) is from Middlesboro Kentucky, the city I worked in. I worked with a lady who was in his HS class. With donations he built the football team a stadium and it was named Lee Majors Field. Pretty cool guy as he use to return to town often when his family was still living.

When I was a child, The Fall Guy was one of my favorite shows.

Ky hills":hsxtushq said:
jltrent":hsxtushq said:
herofan":hsxtushq said:

When I was a child, The Fall Guy was one of my favorite shows.

The Fall Guy was a big favorite of mine too.

jltrent":s7vtt3n9 said:
herofan":s7vtt3n9 said:
jltrent":s7vtt3n9 said:

The year I worked for the Kentucky Division of Reclamation, they had an office in Middlesboro. I was the lab director in Hazard and served all the Eastern Kentucky offices with water and mine spoil analysis. I often went to Middlesboro. Lee Majors was just making a name then but the town was very proud of him. He went to college at Eastern which is close to Lazy M. Everything I heard was that he was a kind, generous person.

Bright Raven":3eqs4lu9 said:
jltrent":3eqs4lu9 said:
herofan":3eqs4lu9 said:

The year I worked for the Kentucky Division of Reclamation, they had an office in Middlesboro. I was the lab director in Hazard and served all the Eastern Kentucky offices with water and mine spoil analysis. I often went to Middlesboro. Lee Majors was just making a name then but the town was very proud of him. He went to college at Eastern which is close to Lazy M. Everything I heard was that he was a kind, generous person.

How did you like Hazard? My son took a job there and stayed almost two years. I am sure the people that live there love the place, but as I told my wife this country was just being greedy, we should have let the Indians kept that place. The only good way in or out is by helicopter LOL. My son really like the people there as he was an assistant manager at the Sherwin Williams paint store there.

jltrent":39i0b18z said:
Bright Raven":39i0b18z said:
jltrent":39i0b18z said:

How did you like Hazard? My son took a job there and stayed almost two years. I am sure the people that live there love the place, but as I told my wife this country was just being greedy, we should have let the Indians kept that place. The only good way in or out is by helicopter LOL. My son really like the people there as he was an assistant manager at the Sherwin Williams paint store there.

I lived in Hazard from June 1974 to September 1978.

It was a great experience. I would never want to go back. I went back about a month ago for a funeral. I stayed only as long as I had to. The mountains there seems to be suffocating. They had a saying there that the sunlight has to be piped in. Some very good people there. Some very hard, ruthless people there. It runs under the "good ole boy system". You are either in or out. You don't do well when you are out. The bars there in the 1970s were - enter at the risk of your health and life.

Latest posts