Kentucky

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Hey ya'll!! Who's in Kentucky? I've noticed alot of folks from Kentucky just wondering who's all here. 👋🏽 :pop:

Ky here.

Speaking of Alabama, this may be fake news, but I read that Alabama has a high number of unsolved murders. It seems there are no dental records, and DNA is all the same. Surely that's exaggerated a little.

The smart aleck penguin farms in Kentucky, but hadn't heard from him lately. Did he get run off from here?

Far Eastern Kentucky scares me...
I think it would be cool to bear hunt....😁

ccr said:
The smart aleck penguin farms in Kentucky, but hadn't heard from him lately. Did he get run off from here?

No sir on the run off.
I have noticed his absence last few days, hope all is well.

Chevy said:
Far Eastern Kentucky scares me...
I think it would be cool to bear hunt....😁

We're not in far eastern Ky but about as close to the mountains as you can get with still being in the bluegrass area. I would rather be anywhere in eastern Ky than in Lexington or Louisville :lol:. When go down to Owensboro to visit my aunt I always feel funny in all the flat land with crops as far as eye can see in some places :lol2:
Maybe y'all could come and bear hunt on our farm sometime. We found these the other day and my wife saw a mother and cubs walking through the pasture not far from our house yesterday morning.

I worked in Middlesboro Kentucky (Bell County)for almost 30 years and that area is mostly were I go shopping etc. If you like mountains you will like Eastern Kentucky as not a lot of flat land. Since I don't work there anymore in that crater my sinus s and allergies have improved almost 100%.

Here is an aerial view of Middlesboro Kentucky (Bell County)

Middlesboro, KY is the only city in the US built within a meteor crater.

WYbghBs.jpg

Middlesboro, Kentucky Built Within A Meteor Crater....good video to look at all the coal strip jobs that have went on....3 minutes.......unreal have stripping has tore these mountains all to pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbp-wzL-zdE

dQ6NVMh.png

jltrent said:
I worked in Middlesboro Kentucky (Bell County)for almost 30 years and that area is mostly were I go shopping etc. If you like mountains you will like Eastern Kentucky as not a lot of flat land. Since I don't work there anymore in that crater my sinus s and allergies have improved almost 100%.

Here is an aerial view of Middlesboro Kentucky (Bell County)

Middlesboro, KY is the only city in the US built within a meteor crater.

WYbghBs.jpg

Middlesboro, Kentucky Built Within A Meteor Crater....good video to look at all the coal strip jobs that have went on....3 minutes.......unreal have stripping has tore these mountains all to pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbp-wzL-zdE

dQ6NVMh.png

Ky is an extremely diverse state. My end looks nothing like that.

Bigfoot said:

I worked in Juvenile Corrections and Public Safety. We got a lot of male youth between the age of 13-18 from Western Kentucky state judge committed. I would take a group on top of those mountains as part of their recreation outings requirements and it would scare them to death (they thought they would fall off). We did not have to worry about AWOLs much as they were scared to run. I would tell them a few stories about missing youth, probably buried in some of those mining shafts and that was all it took. Never a boring minute and had to stay on my toes, kinda miss it. I really enjoyed listening to some of the youth from the western part of the state as some knew about farming. Not to many farm kids got into trouble though. I tried my best to help the kids.

jltrent said:
Bigfoot said:

I worked in Juvenile Corrections and Public Safety. We got a lot of male youth between the age of 13-18 from Western Kentucky state judge committed. I would take a group on top of those mountains as part of their recreation outings requirements and it would scare them to death (they thought they would fall off). We did not have to worry about AWOLs much as they were scared to run. I would tell them a few stories about missing youth, probably buried in some of those mining shafts and that was all it took. Never a boring minute and had to stay on my toes, kinda miss it. I really enjoyed listening to some of the youth from the western part of the state as some knew about farming. Not to many farm kids got into trouble though. I tried my best to help the kids.

What an admiral career. I bet that was interesting.

Latest posts