• Sell her?

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. Its a terrible pen!
Damndest thing. She had like 8 linked panels lifted off the ground to get out.
Had I a real pen, this wouldn't have been an issue. Lol
Oh ya. I use portable panels too.

A while back I needed to grab some bulls off a place before I rotated to another pasture and they happened to be up near the pens. I called them in with a couple cows using cubes. I cut the cows out and got all the cows to follow me away to the next pasture. I knew I was chancing fate.😁

After moving cows when I got back up to the pens they had shifted them about 10 or 15' in the direction I took the cows. 😂 I consider them gentle since they were still in there.

Ky hills

Reaction score
I learned alot from this discussion... dont buy bulls with an epd that says they are docile.
That comment was my fault but I stand behind it. I don’t put a lot of confidence in a lot of EPD’s but my take on it is if one that ranked so high could have calves like that, I dang sure don’t want any from the below average bunch.

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
That comment was my fault but I stand behind it. I don’t put a lot of confidence in a lot of EPD’s but my take on it is if one that ranked so high could have calves like that, I dang sure don’t want any from the below average bunch.
There are alot of factors that effect temperament. Try to make an epd is pretty sketchy.

tex452

Reaction score
Ok. She had 2 good calves. What do you replace her with? Unknown pregnant cow? Save and raise one of this years newborn = 3yrs before a calf. I am very limited on field space, but shoot, $350? For winter hay, I say bred her back and move on. Next year you have a known good momma with a new calf. Am I missing something?
I agree with this
If it was an accident that she lost her calf and she raised a good what do you replace her with?
I would breed her back Without a calf on her she should breed back fast

Shoestring

Reaction score
All done...
All thru...
Here we go...
Sold!!!

Weighed 1070
Brought $674.10
They called her 5 years and open

Good riddance
I can't say that I am 'eating crow', but following this thread and seeing that you 'sold after all'. PERHAPS
others were correct. @Dave @Stocker Steve @Lee VanRoss @jerry27150
and several others. That said, I have no room to wait a year. I would get rid of her and replace with 3-5 yr. 5 mo.. At least i have not lost a year.

OP
MurraysMutts

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
I can't say that I am 'eating crow', but following this thread and seeing that you 'sold after all'. PERHAPS
others were correct. @Dave @Stocker Steve @Lee VanRoss @jerry27150
and several others. That said, I have no room to wait a year. I would get rid of her and replace with 3-5 yr. 5 mo.. At least i have not lost a year.
I bought 2 pair today to replace the 2 open cows I sold.
For not much more than I sold the open cows for.
They are yearlings that are raising good lil babies.
I'll post pics later.

Latest posts