KCF Bennett Total

Help Support CattleToday:

One of the better Alliance sons going. The bonus on his is EXT on his side, the minus is the lack the jam the 6595 cattle had. The daughters are excellent.

In my opinion, he is the best foot and leg son of alliance out there. He puts more extension up front as well as a thick top with real rib shape and depth of body. Time will tell where he sorts out on daughters milk, but with alliance I would imagine they will be very solid. All in all, I would much rather use him than alliance. More complete and correct.

In my opinion, he is the best foot and leg son of alliance out there. He puts more extension up front as well as a thick top with real rib shape and depth of body. Time will tell where he sorts out on daughters milk, but with alliance I would imagine they will be very solid. All in all, I would much rather use him than alliance. More complete and correct.

SEC said:
One of the better Alliance sons going. The bonus on his is EXT on his side, the minus is the lack the jam the 6595 cattle had. The daughters are excellent.

SEC, would you please elaborate on your comment "the lack the jam the 6595 cattle had?"

Also, I'd like comments from anyone that has used 6595: what are his strengths and weaknesses. What type of cattle does he work best on.

Thanks

Total had easily the second best sire group at CSU behind CSU Ram Time. I thought they were very functional, good cattle with little to fault on them.

In my broken poor English I meant that the Bennett Total cattle seem to lack the performance the 6595 cattle have. I agree with BA, they are a nice sire group. Structurally better back wheels on the Totals versus the Alliance.

The Alliance cattle period are a positive for the cattle industry. Easy fleshing, don't seem to milk as high as the milk EPD would indiciate. Good cattle.

Thanks SEC for your comments on Alliance. I've hesitated using Alliance for a few years simply because of his high milk numbers (We have more than enough milk for the majority of our females). I'm happy to hear your comment that his milk EPD is probably higher than what he sires in reality.

I did finally order some Alliance semen this year and am anxiously waiting for next Spring's calves to arrive....9 more months ;-)

Thanks, Everyone. My Beefmaster/Hereford cross is confirmed bred to Bennett Total, so I'm very relieved to hear the overall positive reviews on him. :D

T

Latest posts