Just picked up my first set of mommas.

Help Support CattleToday:

Hunting326

Reaction score
Been wanting to get in the cattle scene for a while now and never had the opportunity to start. I am new to cows but I have friends that have been running them for a while now. I recently picked up 15 Charolais mommas for what I thought was a good deal. I will be buying a bull around March and going to see what happens. I am pretty excited to finally have cows I can call my own. Thanks for all the future help I know I will get from yall.

Welcome. I am sure they will work out good for you, can't go wrong with some good charolais cows they give you lots of options whether to breed back to charolais or they work well with lots of other breeds also.

Ken

Welcome and congratulations. Your jumping in at a good time I think.
I wish I had sold everything I had with a split hoof 6 months ago and was buying back in now.

Hunting326":1h7l7ty5 said:
Been wanting to get in the cattle scene for a while now and never had the opportunity to start. I am new to cows but I have friends that have been running them for a while now. I recently picked up 15 Charolais mommas for what I thought was a good deal. I will be buying a bull around March and going to see what happens. I am pretty excited to finally have cows I can call my own. Thanks for all the future help I know I will get from yall.

Pics, or it didn't happen! I like looking at cows.

Welcome.

branguscowgirl":2fbd3oon said:
:welcome:
You are a "step ahead" by having friends in the cattle business already!

Friends in the cattle business??? Might as well get rid of that idea..Everyone knows there's only two types of cattle folks...youngsters who think they know everything and you can't tell nothing to, and ol timers that DO know everything, but would watch you hang yourself with barbed wire before they helped you out! :lol:
I'm just kidding, but seriously, congratulations and welcome. There are some fantastic folks on here w/ tons of knowledge to share. Enjoy!

bball":3fqo5lqw said:
branguscowgirl":3fqo5lqw said:

Friends in the cattle business??? Might as well get rid of that idea..Everyone knows there's only two types of cattle folks...youngsters who think they know everything and you can't tell nothing to, and ol timers that DO know everything, but would watch you hang yourself with barbed wire before they helped you out! :lol:
I'm just kidding, but seriously, congratulations and welcome. There are some fantastic folks on here w/ tons of knowledge to share. Enjoy!

That condition isn't restricted to youngsters.

Rafter S":p0k4116x said:
bball":p0k4116x said:
branguscowgirl":p0k4116x said:

That condition isn't restricted to youngsters.
Soooooo true!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the comments guys. I live in Orangefield TX. I know I will have questions, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Hunting326":3m7tzfu3 said:
I appreciate the comments guys. I live in Orangefield TX. I know I will have questions, but everyone has to start somewhere.

We're close enough to be considered neighbors.

Latest posts