just a shooting kinda weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

Wild hogs. Hit em just in front of the ear and they take a dirt nap. I prefer to use the 270 for hogs,but if all I have with me at the time is the mag it will get the job done, where the hmr won't. Usually I have the mag around for bobcats, foxes, pitbulls, and yotes.

hooknline":5ayeajto said:
I'm so glad I have your approval 3way, I was getting worried :mrgreen:

I wasn't trying to disrepect you. I was trying to give you a compliment.

I've been shooting since I was about 7. Shot a lot of guns, but never such a wide variety in a short time span. The hmr is a great round, but the varmints I run across are a little bigger than a praire dog. The hmr will do the trick on a lot of animals, but on the larger ones, up to hogs and yotes, I prefer the mag.

Yes me too and if I need to kill anything larger than a badger of coon I use a 6mm Imp , 22-250, or .243.

No worries 3way, I knew what you meant. That's why I put mr green at the end.:)
I guess I like the challenge of a clean kill with a small round. Heck, my son took his first deer with a .222
Whacked it too, heart, double lung.

Calman":crjhxgch said:
I have an old model ak47 7.62x39.I believe this is the most popular weapon ever made and is still being made with modifications.It was first made in russia in 1947.A very forgiving weapon.You could fire it until the barrel almost glowed red and still keep on firing.I think you could drop it in mud and wipe it off and it would keep firing.Or maby run over it with a tank and it would still work.Has been used by 50 different armys.I bought my first for $79 now they're running upwards from $700.
A real fun shooter.I havent done any modifactions to this weapon.

Cal

:clap:

3waycross":21y6dq7n said:
hooknline":21y6dq7n said:
I'm so glad I have your approval 3way, I was getting worried :mrgreen:
I've been shooting since I was about 7. Shot a lot of guns, but never such a wide variety in a short time span. The hmr is a great round, but the varmints I run across are a little bigger than a praire dog. The hmr will do the trick on a lot of animals, but on the larger ones, up to hogs and yotes, I prefer the mag.

yer shootin hogs with a 22mag? are these weaned hogs or piglets?

It does well on a clean ear shot. If it's not that clean of a shot, just try to add a few more holes to make their life real uncomfortable and hopefully run off somewhere else to die. Pigs are becoming a real problem around here in the last 5 years. Never had them before, now they are ruining acres of pasture before you can get a handle on em in that area. We trapped 26 last January, slowed em down quite a bit around our place. The neighbor trapped quite a few too.

I have took out a many a hog with a 22 mag. Big ones, little ones, red ones, black ones, and polka doted ones. Shot in between the eyes or behind the ear drops em like a rock. For a broadside shot I prefer to nudge them with a 45-70, takes the guess work out if he is on the ground you hit him if he ain't you missed.

there's some neat technology coming down the turnpike that when its made public, I can fill you all in on.[/ :???:

I give up whatisit?

Can't say. Hasn't been made public yet. Once it is ill fill you in. Its debuting this weekend though

Latest posts