Just a minor detail

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
So today I was at a local Farm machinary/implement dealer and I was looking at Ertle(sp?) toys. Well, I come across little bags of cattle; I pass up the holsteins and pick up a bag of herefords. In this bag there were full grown cattle along with little calves. And guess what...the fullgrown ones were steers!?!? :shock: Since when can steers have babies? (Not a serious question) And it was the same with the angus bag too. Does this annoy anyone else? (Of course, when I asked if I could have a discount because they were defective, they wouldn't give it to me :cry2: )

That's just like my sister driving down the road with her husband saying,"Look at the cows."
"No those are steers." :lol: She asked what the difference was. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't be as bad as my daughter at her therapty session grabbing the balancing ball with 4 four pegs on it and yelling, "MILK!", she would suck on them and complain that no milk comes out. :oops:
Had to explain to her therapists that we raise cattle and I have a milk cow.

My kids complain if they are not correct. They always have to do it as loud as possible in a crowd of people. :oops:

The founder of Publix was walking through his grocery store once when he came across a little boy opening the chocalate rabbits up and looking at them. The boy would open one and look then put the wrapper back on the chocalate rabbit as best he could. Curious, he asked the little boy what he was doing and the boy replied he was wanting to buy a boy rabbit so he could get a little extra chocalate for his money. Hence was the derivation of their slogan, " a little extra". Now you know the rest of the story.

that goes to show you no matter what country kids know differance tween cows bulls an steers.when my neice was less than 2 she knew the diff tween cows an bulls.by looking at their pics.an id try to fool her.but she always knew what they was.toy companys need to make things right.maybe they thought making emm right was offensive.

Cattle Rack Rancher":1d7rkdpj said:
Sorta like when I watched that movie 'Barnyard' and all the bulls had udders. That's going to confuse a few kids.

Yes, I don't think they should have given the bulls all the "parts" but at least leave off the udders. Maybe like a Ken doll? You know, nothing there? The birth scene kinda bothered me, too. It was more funny than anything, though.

I luv herfrds":e53smdbb said:
That's just like my sister driving down the road with her husband saying,"Look at the cows."
"No those are steers." :lol: She asked what the difference was. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We went to the Mesquite Rodeo a couple of years ago with some co-workers of my husband's and one of the wives was looking at the steers they had been roping and kept saying, "Oh! Look at the cows! Those are some pretty cows!" (You have to say this with your Northern accent). It bout drove me crazy. I still remember that no one, me included, had the nerve to correct her. I just let her go on. But it gave us something to laugh about on the way home.

I don't think them bull calves thought that as a "Minor Detail" :shock: I'm also pretty sure Detail has to do with tail removal surgery. Butt, I'm not a Vet. (sp on purpose) ;-)

Latest posts