John Deere gator

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Neighbor has a customer who has a barn kept jd gator with really low hours. Gas engine
4x2, dump bed, roll cage. About 10 years old and in great shape. Like new supposedly.
Before i go look at it, what are they worth, and what are some things to look at for problem areas and such.thanks

I have looked at them used before. I guess they are worth a lot more than I think. Most in running shape i've seen go between 4-7k like that.

They aren't asking anywhere near that. 1500.00
Thinking of selling the quad (2006 kaw 360) to cover the gator.

Well, 1500 dollar ones i've seen should have been on the back of a scrap truck. Ifs it's in good shape sounds like a deal.

If its the older 6X6 run away, run away very fast. I dont like the new ones much either but for that price it sure would be hard to pass up.

Not the 6x. Just 2x4 and an older carbed one at that. Ill know more in a couple days when info look at it

hooknline":p9s490fv said:
Not the 6x. Just 2x4 and an older carbed one at that. Ill know more in a couple days when info look at it

We even had a couple at work that were 5 wheelers. They were junk. If this is the newer style like a mule it should be lots better.

There good machines and that's a good price. They will last about 2k hours, and that's with kids driving it also.

That is cheap for what i have been seeing at auctions, I have never been impressed with the gator compared to a kawasaki mule or some of the other's like it for getting around. But for the money and you think it will do what you need it would probably work, and if i was you i would also hang on to the 360 until i decided what i thought of the gator.

Most of the older 4x2 gators in good shape will bring 3500-4500. If you have any questions about them or want the warranty history, I can look it up by the serial number.

Latest posts