John Deere 6300l 4wd

Help Support CattleToday:

Rod

Reaction score
I bought a 97 John Deere 6300l from an estate that hasn't run in 4 years. It's a 4wd hydrostatic . I cleaned the fuel tank, new fuel pump and am getting fuel to my injectors. The tractor will barley turn over and will eventually stop turning over. I put a brand new 1200 coca battery on and had the starter tested. It is still constrained while trying to start. The tractor will not roll at all, I assumed the brakes where just seized up from setting but am now thinking it may have something to do with it being hard to turn over. Also all hydraulic levers and front joystick are stiff as well. Any suggestions suggestions ?

My opinion of first thing to worry about is getting the heart of the unit running aka engine then worry about the other stuff. I would give a shot of ether while it is turning and it should fire up. If ether won't get it starter you have some serious issues. I also would question the starter on the tractor because it should be turning it pretty good and shouldnt stop. You also are gonna want to change all fluids in the tractor IMO and filters. I would take the starter out and have it tested.

You say you get fuel to the injectors, but is it actually coming out the end of them? Take them out and either have them checked, or get some new ones. Already have everything else new on the fuel system might as well get some new injectors.

I had the starter tested and they said it was ok. Thought the not rolling part might have something to do with it not turning over fast enough, like it was putting a load on it somehow. Shot either to it in the beginning but I don't believe it turns over quick enough to bust off.

I not familiar with this model but a lot of old john deeres you have to snatch the steering back and forth when your trying to crank them. it is in the hydro pump causing the drag on the engine

You say it is hydrostatic, doesnt that mean it wont roll unless the hydrolic pump is pumping. I have never checked my tractor but thats the way my Kubota lawn mower works.

kenny thomas":d3w0t971 said:
You say it is hydrostatic, doesnt that mean it wont roll unless the hydrolic pump is pumping. I have never checked my tractor but thats the way my Kubota lawn mower works.

Like a 0 turn until you flip that reliese valve it wont roll or you shouldnt roll it.

Latest posts