john deere 6200

Help Support CattleToday:

totalloss

Reaction score
i am having problem with the loader on my 6200.it don't work.you have to run the motor and work the loader controls for about 15 minutes before it starts working.have any ideas. help needed
russ

Although not familiar with a 6200,the same basics should apply
1/ Is the hydraulic fluid up to the proper level?
2/.Has this just started since the south went cold? You might have some water freezing in the system and causing a blockage
3/How long has it been since the filter was changed?
Try the simple fixes first.Check oil level and for presence of water.If you have water,take all fluid out and replace. If you run bad fluid,when repairs start you will wonder just how much
fluid you could have bought for less money.Don't just let this "go" even if it does improve on its own.

fluid levels good,new filters,no water.i had to replace rockshaft valve,that is when i started having problem with loader,

Totalloss
any other problems ie.
Tractor not wanting to move?
Rear remote valves not working?
Three point slow or not working?
Sterering slow or hard?

Seeing as how it was working before you replaced the rockshaft valve, I would look at the rockshaft valve and see if there is an adjustment on it. I've got an older JD and mine does. I don't know if the rockshaft has anything to do with the fe loader though. I would also suggest, if you don't have one, get a manual at TSC or most any farm store for that model tractor. It will be the best money you can spend.

99% chance you have a dime valve out of place betwen the valve stacks on the rear of the tractor.
It is just a small metal disc betweenthe stacks, put greese on them to hold in place while you assemble the stacks.

total loss if the steering is hard you most likely don't have loader problems you have tractor hydraulic problems they have just showed up in the loader first, the first thing I'd do is have the hydraulic system pressure checked, by your local tractor dealer, it should give you a place to start.

Latest posts