John Deere 5403

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the John Deere 5403? Been window shopping for a 4wd tractor, don't know why cause i don't want to spend the money. Been looking at used tractors and seen these for not much more money.

I borrowed my uncles to bale hay last year. I have decided I want one too. I really liked the machine. I can't tell you about any problems. My uncle has owned it for 2 years and says nothing but good. :banana:

I think the 03 series is the economy model ,but I don't know if they are any good.Might not have as much stuff to break on them?

I have a 5203. It is the economy model. It's a good tractor.. A little light for the total HP but I have done lots of work with this tractor with no complaints.

Had a 5103 and you could not shift it without being at a complete stop and it would still grind the gears some. At 320 hrs pto clutch went out then at 390 hrs injector pump started messing up so at 400hrs I traded it in on a different tractor.

We have a 5103 and so far no major problems, dealer did find that the 3 pt. hydros were leaking down a bit when parked overnight. I agree it is a little light for the HP. So far 125 hrs and I love it. Of course this is the first new one I have operated, so Its nice to have brakes and lights that work. 8)

i was looking at j.d.5000 series but i got a j.d. 6415 a little more weight and power for mowing/bailing /plowing runs real good no problems....homefarm....

Latest posts