John deere 5210?

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with a jd 5210 with synchro shuttle. Looking at one just didn't want to buy a lemon model.

Chevy said:
Anyone have experience with a jd 5210 with synchro shuttle. Looking at one just didn't want to buy a lemon model.

I've got a '98 5510 MFWD. Doesn't have synchro. One of the best machines I've ever owned. 89 HP and plenty strong. Assuming it has been well maintained the 5210 should be a good tractor just smaller.

I have a 1998 with 16.9-28 rears with weights, but does not have the shuttle...It has around 2200 hrs. and had very few problems. I had the pump calibrated up 10% when I first bought it, so it is making around 55hp at the pto.

I wish it had the economy pto as you have to have it at 2400 rpms to hit 540 at the pto. For some implements I have to run it wide open and it drinks fuel wide open, but not so bad around 1600 rpms.

hVsC5kE.jpg

1997 5400. It doesn't have the shuttle but its my go to tractor.
I pick it most days over the newer tractors with cabs

jltrent said:
I have a 1998 with 16.9-28 rears with weights, but does not have the shuttle...It has around 2200 hrs. and had very few problems. I had the pump calibrated up 10% when I first bought it, so it is making around 55hp at the pto.

I wish it had the economy pto as you have to have it at 2400 rpms to hit 540 at the pto. For some implements I have to run it wide open and it drinks fuel wide open, but not so bad around 1600 rpms.

hVsC5kE.jpg

jed what are you hooked up to there. i see the tank and some chemicals, but don't reconize whats under the tank.

ccr said:
jltrent said:

hVsC5kE.jpg

jed what are you hooked up to there. i see the tank and some chemicals, but don't reconize whats under the tank.
A Big John mist blower.....

http://www.bigjohnmfg.com/MistBlower.htm

Latest posts