John Deere 4230

Help Support CattleToday:

goldengoat

Reaction score
The 3 point will either lift all the way or just drop to the ground. It will not hold half way. Any one ever had any experience with this kind of problem? Called John Deere dealer 3 times just to be put on hold for over 10 mins. Thanks for any help. Mike G.

Don't know squat about JD's but our Fords have a Position/Draft adjustment that will make them act like you're discribing if it's out of whack. Big help, eh?

That's one of the biggest problems on the 30 series. Everyone of them I have ever been around do that when they get some age on them, I think it can be fixed for a while an then it will start again. No one around ever put the money in fixing them because by the time they were doing that they were old enough that they were being used for smaller jobs an newer bigger tracters were replacing them. I still have a 4630 and a 4320 that do the same thing.

Same here, i have a 4230 and it does the same thing, does kind of restrict some of the things that you use it for.

Cf pinz, I played with that and it did help some. I want to be able to use a blade to make ditches to irrigate. Going to be a bich with it acting like that.

goldengoat":22dir11y said:
Cf pinz, I played with that and it did help some. I want to be able to use a blade to make ditches to irrigate. Going to be a bich with it acting like that.
I had a 4430 that had the same issues. Had the tech manual and all that. Played around and got it a bit better but it still sucked. Ended up getting rid of the tractor and replaced it with JD 7700. The 3 point controls on those things is awesome. You can set it where you want and it will hit that spot everytime. The other thing you could do is get a pull-type blade. I have one that angles and pivots. It is basically a pull-type grader. I love it.

Latest posts