James Garner R.I.P.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":3rpc7eoh said:
Murphy's Romance (movie) was good too.
He'll be missed.
I really liked that one, but ost of all was "The Americanization of Emily". Watch that every chance I get.

Other great movies he did were "Support Your Local Gunfighter" and "Support Your Local Sheriff". James Garner really was a great one and a one of a kind. "Rockford Files" is still good to watch and better than most everything else on TV today.

ga.prime":2bi5d7x6 said:
Other great movies he did were "Support Your Local Gunfighter" and "Support Your Local Sheriff". James Garner really was a great one and a one of a kind. "Rockford Files" is still good to watch and better than most everything else on TV today.
Yes...

I've always liked him. Not only was he a good actor, he maintained a decent life. He and his life wasn't always plastered across tabloids, stupid news shows etc. He wasn't out driving drunk, getting arrested for drugs or punching out the papparazzi etc.

I loved the roles he played, I especially enjoyed Murphy's Romance and more recently The Notebook. Rockford Files was a great TV show! He played the role of Maverick perfectly.

Another good one gone.

Katherine

ga.prime":2r47vagv said:

I love those movies! I don't know how many times I've watched them but I laugh every time.

I loved James Garner. I don't know if anyone else remembers, but he revived Maverick around 1981. It only lasted for a season, but I remember I loved it; I really loved the theme too. For your viewing and listening pleasure:

[youtube]ji09vnkGU1s[/youtube]

He was a quality actor. I never heard anything negative about him, and he seemed to be a role model for most people. I do
not think much of most of the actors that we now have. We have too many hotdogs now that want the public to believe
in their political views. What makes them so smart? They are only actors. What do they know about leading a country?
Does this sound like anyone else that you have heard of?
I always thought that he picked good roles for his personality. I will miss James Garner.

Latest posts